St Albans named among best places in Britain to raise a family
- Credit: Archant
St Albans has been named as one of the 10 best places to raise a family in Britain.
According to Yopa’s Happy Family Home Guide 2018, the Cathedral city is sixth on the family-friendly hotlist, which is topped by Ashbourne in Derbyshire.
The online estate agency ranked towns and cities according to a range of factors, including crime rates, average house prices, drug and alcohol use and the percentage of schools rated good or outstanding.
This is the second time St Albans has scored high on one of Yopa’s lists – it came third on their countdown of the top 10 family locations in and around London, released last month.
David Jacobs, co-founder of Yopa, said: “There is a good mix of locations in the top 10 list and it’s interesting to note their geographical spread across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Our research shows that more than half of British parents are willing to relocate for a better quality of life and improved wellbeing for their children. What’s great to see is that this is not just for the short term either - parents are also driven by their children’s future career prospects and future financial standing.”
Yopa’s top 10 places to raise a family in Britain:
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 10 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
1. Ashbourne, Derbyshire
2. Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
3. Harrogate, North Yorkshire
4. Inverness, Inverness-shire
5. Tunbridge Wells, Kent
6. St Albans, Hertfordshire
7. Esher, Surrey
8. Eastleigh, Hampshire
9. Brentwood, Essex
To find your ideal family-friendly location, check out Yopa’s oline tool at www.yopa.co.uk/family.