St Albans named among best places in Britain to raise a family
- Credit: Archant
St Albans has been named as one of the 10 best places to raise a family in Britain.
According to Yopa’s Happy Family Home Guide 2018, the Cathedral city is sixth on the family-friendly hotlist, which is topped by Ashbourne in Derbyshire.
The online estate agency ranked towns and cities according to a range of factors, including crime rates, average house prices, drug and alcohol use and the percentage of schools rated good or outstanding.
This is the second time St Albans has scored high on one of Yopa’s lists – it came third on their countdown of the top 10 family locations in and around London, released last month.
David Jacobs, co-founder of Yopa, said: “There is a good mix of locations in the top 10 list and it’s interesting to note their geographical spread across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Our research shows that more than half of British parents are willing to relocate for a better quality of life and improved wellbeing for their children. What’s great to see is that this is not just for the short term either - parents are also driven by their children’s future career prospects and future financial standing.”
Yopa’s top 10 places to raise a family in Britain:
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
1. Ashbourne, Derbyshire
2. Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
3. Harrogate, North Yorkshire
4. Inverness, Inverness-shire
5. Tunbridge Wells, Kent
6. St Albans, Hertfordshire
7. Esher, Surrey
8. Eastleigh, Hampshire
9. Brentwood, Essex
To find your ideal family-friendly location, check out Yopa’s oline tool at www.yopa.co.uk/family.