St Albans named among best places in Britain to raise a family
- Credit: Archant
St Albans has been named as one of the 10 best places to raise a family in Britain.
According to Yopa’s Happy Family Home Guide 2018, the Cathedral city is sixth on the family-friendly hotlist, which is topped by Ashbourne in Derbyshire.
The online estate agency ranked towns and cities according to a range of factors, including crime rates, average house prices, drug and alcohol use and the percentage of schools rated good or outstanding.
This is the second time St Albans has scored high on one of Yopa’s lists – it came third on their countdown of the top 10 family locations in and around London, released last month.
David Jacobs, co-founder of Yopa, said: “There is a good mix of locations in the top 10 list and it’s interesting to note their geographical spread across the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Our research shows that more than half of British parents are willing to relocate for a better quality of life and improved wellbeing for their children. What’s great to see is that this is not just for the short term either - parents are also driven by their children’s future career prospects and future financial standing.”
Yopa’s top 10 places to raise a family in Britain:
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
1. Ashbourne, Derbyshire
2. Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
3. Harrogate, North Yorkshire
4. Inverness, Inverness-shire
5. Tunbridge Wells, Kent
6. St Albans, Hertfordshire
7. Esher, Surrey
8. Eastleigh, Hampshire
9. Brentwood, Essex
To find your ideal family-friendly location, check out Yopa’s oline tool at www.yopa.co.uk/family.