St Albans home is among most viewed properties online
- Credit: Archant
A house in St Albans is one of the most viewed properties currently on the market, according to Zoopla.
And local property-watchers won’t be surprised to find out that the house in question is 53 The Park.
The £6m home, which was the subject of much debate when it came on the market back in June, is the seventh most viewed property on Zoopla this month.
Highlights of the 9921 sq ft, seven-bed property include a basement leisure complex complete with cinema, gym and yoga studio, spacious grounds with sauna, Jacuzzi and mini Dutch barn and a hydraulic car lift to take residents from the basement onto the drive.
Stuart Cassidy, managing director of Cassidy & Tate, the agent marketing the property, said the attention it has receieved has been unprecedented.
“I have never seen our window display bring so much attention from the public,” he said. “It’s like a tourist attraction! It’s what dreams are made of!”
Stuart believes that 53 The Park’s range of outstanding and unusual features are the key to the huge levels of interest that have been shown in it, saying: “If it’s cars you like then look no further as this comes with its very own private underground parking and its own car lift - James Bond eat your heart out!
You may also want to watch:
“Maybe you just like to relax after a hard day’s work-out in your private gym or dance studio, then off to relax in the steam room with a quick sauna after. Or if you are a movie fan, settle down to your own private cinema room - heaven. Where do I stop? The list just goes on and on.”
He adds: “It’s not every day you come across a £6m house - especially when it’s on your doorstep and then you are the chosen agent amongst many others to have the privilege of selling the property.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
“I have seen many houses in my time as you can imagine, however none has wowed me like 53 The Park.”
The coverage of Zoopla’s most viewed homes has seen the deluxe property make the national press, including the Mirror and Mail Online.
Zoopla’s top 10 most viewed homes during August
1. Six-bed detached house in Southburgh, Norfolk (£750,000)
2. Three-bed semi-detached house in Barnsley, South Yorkshire (£78,000)
3. Five-bed detached farmhouse with pool in Upper Hulme, Staffordshire (£899,950)
4. Three-bed terraced house in Dalston, London (£2.5m)
5. One-bed detached house in Whitstable, Kent (£265,000)
6. Five-bed detached house in Wilmslow, Cheshire (£1.7m)
7. 53 The Park - seven-bed detached house in St Albans (£6m)
8. Three-bed semi-detached house in Boxted, Essex (£400,000)
9. Eight-bed detached house in Bromley (POA)
10. One-bed detached house in Laxfield, Suffolk (£295,000)