St Albans estate agency celebrates 150th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans estate agency is marking its 150th birthday with a series of special events.
Hamptons International - which sells homes worldwide - is giving every member of staff their birthday off in 2019, and the 150th property the company sells or lets this year will be done so for free.
The company is also hoping to raise £150,000 for Cancer Research UK via ‘Challenge 150’, an internal initiative whereby each member of staff sets out to raise £150.
Hamptons was established in Pall Mall in 1869, with eight members of staff led by managing director George Hampton.
It now has a network of over 90 offices in London and the south of England employing over 1,000 people. Outside the UK, Hamptons International is represented in over 30 countries around the world providing buyers with access to over 100,000 international properties.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley Cairns, managing director of Hamptons International, said: “We could not be more thrilled to have reached this exciting milestone of 150 years.
“2019 is set to be a wonderful year of celebration for the entire business and we look forward to celebrating with our many customers past and present. Here’s to Hamptons International, and to the next 150 years!”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently