St Albans development picks up top homes award
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development in St Albans has been named Home of the Year (in a multi-unit scheme) at The British Homes Awards.
James Moody, MD at Meyer Homes, picked up the gong at a prestigious ceremony at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square last Thursday (21 September).
Organised by The Sunday Times, the annual awards commend excellence in new homes across the country.
Gabriel Square consists of 52 three and four-bedroom houses and 24 one, two and three bedroom apartments and duplexes set around a landscaped garden square.
Conveniently located just five minutes from St Albans City station, the homes benefit from secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens and Control4 Smart Homes Technology.
James Moody said: “We are delighted to have been recognised by the Sunday Times at the British Homes Awards. This is a great achievement that acknowledges all the hard work put in by the whole team.”
Steve Walker of Collinson Hall added: “This is a wonderful endorsement for the development and echoes the tremendous feedback we have had from people who have visited the showhouse.”
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 9 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 10 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
Gabriel Square’s first phase is almost complete, and residents are due to begin moving in from late October. The whole site isn’t expected to be finished until April 2018, however.