St Albans development picks up top homes award
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development in St Albans has been named Home of the Year (in a multi-unit scheme) at The British Homes Awards.
James Moody, MD at Meyer Homes, picked up the gong at a prestigious ceremony at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square last Thursday (21 September).
Organised by The Sunday Times, the annual awards commend excellence in new homes across the country.
Gabriel Square consists of 52 three and four-bedroom houses and 24 one, two and three bedroom apartments and duplexes set around a landscaped garden square.
Conveniently located just five minutes from St Albans City station, the homes benefit from secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens and Control4 Smart Homes Technology.
James Moody said: “We are delighted to have been recognised by the Sunday Times at the British Homes Awards. This is a great achievement that acknowledges all the hard work put in by the whole team.”
Steve Walker of Collinson Hall added: “This is a wonderful endorsement for the development and echoes the tremendous feedback we have had from people who have visited the showhouse.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Gabriel Square’s first phase is almost complete, and residents are due to begin moving in from late October. The whole site isn’t expected to be finished until April 2018, however.