St Albans development picks up top homes award
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development in St Albans has been named Home of the Year (in a multi-unit scheme) at The British Homes Awards.
James Moody, MD at Meyer Homes, picked up the gong at a prestigious ceremony at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square last Thursday (21 September).
Organised by The Sunday Times, the annual awards commend excellence in new homes across the country.
Gabriel Square consists of 52 three and four-bedroom houses and 24 one, two and three bedroom apartments and duplexes set around a landscaped garden square.
Conveniently located just five minutes from St Albans City station, the homes benefit from secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens and Control4 Smart Homes Technology.
You may also want to watch:
James Moody said: “We are delighted to have been recognised by the Sunday Times at the British Homes Awards. This is a great achievement that acknowledges all the hard work put in by the whole team.”
Steve Walker of Collinson Hall added: “This is a wonderful endorsement for the development and echoes the tremendous feedback we have had from people who have visited the showhouse.”
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
Gabriel Square’s first phase is almost complete, and residents are due to begin moving in from late October. The whole site isn’t expected to be finished until April 2018, however.