Local family sells 17-home property portfolio
- Credit: Supplied
A portfolio of 17 St Albans, Harpenden and London Colney properties has changed hands after being within the same family for two generations.
Originally owned by a local couple, the investment passed to their three children who opted to sell it as one portfolio.
Chris Johnson, owner/director of Clarence Property Group (CPG), made the purchase after contacting the siblings via Daniels Estate Agents, who have managed the portfolio for 30 years.
"They were looking to wind down," Chris said. "We approached them back in February, which coincided with them deciding to sell."
The portfolio — which sold for an undisclosed amount — consists of 10 houses and seven flats in St Albans city centre, Fleetville, Harpenden and London Colney.
Chris said: "Three of the houses are occupied by sitting tenants, the rest are let on assured shorthold tenancies (ASTs).
"The flats are all in an unbroken block in Grosvenor Road, with a large garden that extends down to London Road; this may have some further development potential, which we will explore.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
"The flats are all let, again mostly on ASTs, but one flat is also occupied by a sitting tenant.
"The sitting tenants and all the flats will all be retained for long term investment, whilst some of the houses may be sold in the short to medium term, as and when they become vacant."
This is CPG’s second portfolio acquisition of the year, the first being five freehold buildings arranged as 10 flats in West Norwood, London.
The St Albans-based firm also buy commercial property, individual residential investments and development opportunities.
For further information, contact Chris Cooke at Daniels on 01727 836561.