Share your love for St Albans or Harpenden to win £1000
- Credit: Getty Images
Between our bustling high streets, historic buildings and great outside spaces, there’s a lot to like about living in St Albans and Harpenden.
If you really love where you live, then here’s your chance to share the joy – and be in with a chance of winning £1000.
Property specialist Leaders is asking for entries to its Love Living video competition – and the bar is high, as one of last year’s winners was from St Albans.
Entrants have until Friday September 16 to make a short film of up to three minutes long on their smartphone or tablet, showing exactly what they like about their hometown.
A £1000 top prize will be awarded to the overall winner, who will receive a further £1000 to donate to a community group* of their choice.
You may also want to watch:
Winners in two further categories - Best Film by a Young Person and People’s Choice - will secure a prize of £500 plus £500 for a community group.
The latter prize was picked up by Joe Medforth in 2015, who donated half of his prize to his old drama department at Beaumont School.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 7 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
Allison Thompson, managing director at Leaders, says: “As Love Living in 2016 enters its final few weeks, we would still love to see more videos from people who have tremendous passion for where they live.
“Whether home is a seaside resort, a bustling city or a relaxing rural village, there is plenty to fall in love with. The UK is packed with culture, history and beauty, so we would like to see this celebrated in the videos we receive.”
Entries must be received by 16 September and the winners of all three categories will be announced by 30 September. The People’s Choice prize is decided by social media shares, likes and views.
For more information on Love living in, to view previous entries or to submit your video, visit lovelivingin.co.uk.
*Community groups include schools, colleges, universities, sports and recreation clubs, charities and voluntary groups