Young artists invited to enter design competition
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Budding artists and architects are being asked to design their dream home – and possibly pick up a Hobbycraft voucher in the process.
Entrants in the Savills Little Architects competition can either draw or paint their creation or make a model.
There are three age categories: five years and under (little engineers), 6-10 years (junior builders) and 11-14 years (senior architects).
Each category and age group will have its own winner and two runners up, with a £50 Hobbycraft voucher for the winners, and £25 vouchers for the runners up.
To enter, simply take a photo of your child’s creation and email it to email@example.com with their name, age, where they’re from and the category they’re entering before the closing date of Thursday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
The children’s endeavours will be judged by property and financial journalist Anne Ashworth, Johnny Messum, founder of Messums Art Galleries and Alison Parkhouse from Savills.
Nick Ingle, of Savills’ Harpenden office, said: “There will also be another chance to win in a People’s Choice award voted on by the public so those wanting to vote should keep an eye on our social media platforms for their chance to judge the artwork.”
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 4 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 9 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The winning creations will be shared via the Savills website alongside the firm’s Instagram and Twitter feeds. Terms and conditions can be found on the Savills website.