Revealed: St Albans’ most expensive homes 2017
- Credit: Archant
The highest priced residential properties sold in St Albans during 2017 have been revealed - and one home tops the list by a long way.
Wick House on Marshal’s Drive sold for £7.1m - more than double the next most expensive address.
The five-bed property is set in around three acres of secluded grounds, set back from what is arguably the most exclusive street in town (six of the 20 highest priced houses sold in St Albans last year are on Marshal’s Drive).
The 8,000 sq ft of accommodation includes a pool, tennis court, cinema room, gym and sauna.
Our list - compiled from Land Registry data, which is publicly available - put Pine Trees on Cunningham Hill Road in second place.
You may also want to watch:
The previous owners knocked down the ‘70s building that once stood on the 0.6 acre plot and replaced it with this ultra-modern home, which changed hands for £3.5m.
It comes complete with a heated indoor pool, a cinema room and an en-suite to each of the five bedrooms.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
The rest of the properties on the list range in price from £3,475,000 to £1,750,000.