Revealed: St Albans’ most expensive homes 2017
- Credit: Archant
The highest priced residential properties sold in St Albans during 2017 have been revealed - and one home tops the list by a long way.
Wick House on Marshal’s Drive sold for £7.1m - more than double the next most expensive address.
The five-bed property is set in around three acres of secluded grounds, set back from what is arguably the most exclusive street in town (six of the 20 highest priced houses sold in St Albans last year are on Marshal’s Drive).
The 8,000 sq ft of accommodation includes a pool, tennis court, cinema room, gym and sauna.
Our list - compiled from Land Registry data, which is publicly available - put Pine Trees on Cunningham Hill Road in second place.
You may also want to watch:
The previous owners knocked down the ‘70s building that once stood on the 0.6 acre plot and replaced it with this ultra-modern home, which changed hands for £3.5m.
It comes complete with a heated indoor pool, a cinema room and an en-suite to each of the five bedrooms.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind
The rest of the properties on the list range in price from £3,475,000 to £1,750,000.