Revealed: St Albans’ most expensive homes 2017
- Credit: Archant
The highest priced residential properties sold in St Albans during 2017 have been revealed - and one home tops the list by a long way.
Wick House on Marshal’s Drive sold for £7.1m - more than double the next most expensive address.
The five-bed property is set in around three acres of secluded grounds, set back from what is arguably the most exclusive street in town (six of the 20 highest priced houses sold in St Albans last year are on Marshal’s Drive).
The 8,000 sq ft of accommodation includes a pool, tennis court, cinema room, gym and sauna.
Our list - compiled from Land Registry data, which is publicly available - put Pine Trees on Cunningham Hill Road in second place.
You may also want to watch:
The previous owners knocked down the ‘70s building that once stood on the 0.6 acre plot and replaced it with this ultra-modern home, which changed hands for £3.5m.
It comes complete with a heated indoor pool, a cinema room and an en-suite to each of the five bedrooms.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
The rest of the properties on the list range in price from £3,475,000 to £1,750,000.