Revealed: St Albans’ most expensive homes 2017
- Credit: Archant
The highest priced residential properties sold in St Albans during 2017 have been revealed - and one home tops the list by a long way.
Wick House on Marshal’s Drive sold for £7.1m - more than double the next most expensive address.
The five-bed property is set in around three acres of secluded grounds, set back from what is arguably the most exclusive street in town (six of the 20 highest priced houses sold in St Albans last year are on Marshal’s Drive).
The 8,000 sq ft of accommodation includes a pool, tennis court, cinema room, gym and sauna.
Our list - compiled from Land Registry data, which is publicly available - put Pine Trees on Cunningham Hill Road in second place.
You may also want to watch:
The previous owners knocked down the ‘70s building that once stood on the 0.6 acre plot and replaced it with this ultra-modern home, which changed hands for £3.5m.
It comes complete with a heated indoor pool, a cinema room and an en-suite to each of the five bedrooms.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
The rest of the properties on the list range in price from £3,475,000 to £1,750,000.