Revealed: Harpenden’s most expensive homes 2017
- Credit: Archant
The 10 most expensive residential properties sold in Harpenden last year have been revealed – and four of them are on the same two streets.
The two highest priced homes were on West Common – number 43, Lime House, changed hands for £5,860,000, closely followed by number 46, Flowton Priory, which sold for £5,300,000.
Lime House has six reception rooms, five en suite bedrooms, a wine cellar and a pool and spa with whirlpool and steam room.
The historic Flowton Priory has five bedrooms, three bathrooms and countless 16th century features, set in outstanding grounds.
The two properties also placed high on the list of Hertfordshire’s most expensive homes, coming in fourth and fifth place, behind properties in Hertford, St Albans and Radlett.
While our list - compiled from Land Registry data, which is publicly available – confirms West Common as the most prestigious street in Harpenden by quite some distance, it does have a close rival.
You may also want to watch:
The third and eighth-placed properties are both on West Common Way, a leafy private road. Number 44 and number 4 changed hands for a hefty £3,200,000 and £2,410,000 respectively.
Also on the list is Barnfield House, East Common, a four-bed house with self-contained annex and indoor pool set in grounds of 1.1 acres (£3,116,000), and Ayres End House, Ayres End Lane, a six bed, six bath former judges’ lodgings (£2,939,500).
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building