Revealed: Harpenden’s most expensive homes 2017
- Credit: Archant
The 10 most expensive residential properties sold in Harpenden last year have been revealed – and four of them are on the same two streets.
The two highest priced homes were on West Common – number 43, Lime House, changed hands for £5,860,000, closely followed by number 46, Flowton Priory, which sold for £5,300,000.
Lime House has six reception rooms, five en suite bedrooms, a wine cellar and a pool and spa with whirlpool and steam room.
The historic Flowton Priory has five bedrooms, three bathrooms and countless 16th century features, set in outstanding grounds.
The two properties also placed high on the list of Hertfordshire’s most expensive homes, coming in fourth and fifth place, behind properties in Hertford, St Albans and Radlett.
While our list - compiled from Land Registry data, which is publicly available – confirms West Common as the most prestigious street in Harpenden by quite some distance, it does have a close rival.
You may also want to watch:
The third and eighth-placed properties are both on West Common Way, a leafy private road. Number 44 and number 4 changed hands for a hefty £3,200,000 and £2,410,000 respectively.
Also on the list is Barnfield House, East Common, a four-bed house with self-contained annex and indoor pool set in grounds of 1.1 acres (£3,116,000), and Ayres End House, Ayres End Lane, a six bed, six bath former judges’ lodgings (£2,939,500).
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire