Retiree to spend referral cash from new home on trip to North Pole
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage woman is making the most of her new development’s refer a friend scheme – by spending the £3,000 it’s made her on a trip to the North Pole.
Audrey Notschild, 74, received the windfall after inviting three friends to join her in buying a property at McCarthy & Stone’s retirement living development, George House.
When all three went on to purchase their own properties at the Primett Road address, Audrey was rewarded with £3,000 – while Christine Cole, 66, Michael Devenish, 75 and Eileen Newman, 85, received £1,000 each.
Audrey, who retired from her job as an NHS prescription clerk last October, says: “I was absolutely delighted when I found out Michael, Christine and Eileen were buying apartments in George House too!”
Audrey and Michael will be cashing in their referral rewards in October when they plan to set off on their trip of a lifetime.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Mike and I have decided to go on a cruise to the North Pole. We’re going to Norway, to sail through the fjords and up into the Arctic Circle. We’re both hoping to be lucky and see the Northern Lights.”
Until then, she’s continuing to spread the word about her new home, saying: “Michael’s brother came down to have a look around recently, we’re trying to encourage other friends and family to come and see George House too. These are very happy days, we are living the dream!”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 6 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
Prices at George House currently start from £270,950 for a one bedroom apartment and £369,950 for a two bedroom apartment.