Retiree to spend referral cash from new home on trip to North Pole
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage woman is making the most of her new development’s refer a friend scheme – by spending the £3,000 it’s made her on a trip to the North Pole.
Audrey Notschild, 74, received the windfall after inviting three friends to join her in buying a property at McCarthy & Stone’s retirement living development, George House.
When all three went on to purchase their own properties at the Primett Road address, Audrey was rewarded with £3,000 – while Christine Cole, 66, Michael Devenish, 75 and Eileen Newman, 85, received £1,000 each.
Audrey, who retired from her job as an NHS prescription clerk last October, says: “I was absolutely delighted when I found out Michael, Christine and Eileen were buying apartments in George House too!”
Audrey and Michael will be cashing in their referral rewards in October when they plan to set off on their trip of a lifetime.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Mike and I have decided to go on a cruise to the North Pole. We’re going to Norway, to sail through the fjords and up into the Arctic Circle. We’re both hoping to be lucky and see the Northern Lights.”
Until then, she’s continuing to spread the word about her new home, saying: “Michael’s brother came down to have a look around recently, we’re trying to encourage other friends and family to come and see George House too. These are very happy days, we are living the dream!”
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
Prices at George House currently start from £270,950 for a one bedroom apartment and £369,950 for a two bedroom apartment.