Retiree to spend referral cash from new home on trip to North Pole
- Credit: Archant
A Stevenage woman is making the most of her new development’s refer a friend scheme – by spending the £3,000 it’s made her on a trip to the North Pole.
Audrey Notschild, 74, received the windfall after inviting three friends to join her in buying a property at McCarthy & Stone’s retirement living development, George House.
When all three went on to purchase their own properties at the Primett Road address, Audrey was rewarded with £3,000 – while Christine Cole, 66, Michael Devenish, 75 and Eileen Newman, 85, received £1,000 each.
Audrey, who retired from her job as an NHS prescription clerk last October, says: “I was absolutely delighted when I found out Michael, Christine and Eileen were buying apartments in George House too!”
Audrey and Michael will be cashing in their referral rewards in October when they plan to set off on their trip of a lifetime.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Mike and I have decided to go on a cruise to the North Pole. We’re going to Norway, to sail through the fjords and up into the Arctic Circle. We’re both hoping to be lucky and see the Northern Lights.”
Until then, she’s continuing to spread the word about her new home, saying: “Michael’s brother came down to have a look around recently, we’re trying to encourage other friends and family to come and see George House too. These are very happy days, we are living the dream!”
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 5 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 6 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 We're JJAM-ing at new countryside kitchen
- 9 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 10 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
Prices at George House currently start from £270,950 for a one bedroom apartment and £369,950 for a two bedroom apartment.