Radlett garden designer wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show awards
- Credit: helenfickling.com
Local garden designer Kate Gould has won a gold medal and ‘best in category’ award at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The owner of Kate Gould Gardens picked up the prizes for her City Living garden, which triumphed in the Fresh Garden category.
City Living is a contemporary, multi-storey creation, imagined in a typical urban apartment block.
Features include two huge Anglepoise outdoor lamps, sustainably sourced bamboo decking and a stairwell clad with back lit terrazzo.
Radlett-based Kate said: “City Living is the most ambitious garden I have ever designed for Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the skill, determination and sheer hard work of the most amazing tearm we would never have made it. There were moments when I thought we wouldn’t but I shouldn’t have doubted the guys. They are epic and have realised my creation on paper into the most wondrous of creations of which I am so, so proud.
“Every time I look at the garden I have to pinch myself that it is actually there and looks if anything far better than it did in my head. Hats off and huge thanks to everyone involved.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
This isn’t the first time Kate has been rewarded for her efforts at Chelsea - she won gold medals in 2009 and 2013, also taking the ‘best in category’ prize in 2009.