Radlett garden designer wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show awards
- Credit: helenfickling.com
Local garden designer Kate Gould has won a gold medal and ‘best in category’ award at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The owner of Kate Gould Gardens picked up the prizes for her City Living garden, which triumphed in the Fresh Garden category.
City Living is a contemporary, multi-storey creation, imagined in a typical urban apartment block.
Features include two huge Anglepoise outdoor lamps, sustainably sourced bamboo decking and a stairwell clad with back lit terrazzo.
Radlett-based Kate said: “City Living is the most ambitious garden I have ever designed for Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the skill, determination and sheer hard work of the most amazing tearm we would never have made it. There were moments when I thought we wouldn’t but I shouldn’t have doubted the guys. They are epic and have realised my creation on paper into the most wondrous of creations of which I am so, so proud.
“Every time I look at the garden I have to pinch myself that it is actually there and looks if anything far better than it did in my head. Hats off and huge thanks to everyone involved.”
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Confetti cannons released at primary school 50th birthday
- 7 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 8 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 9 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Rickmansworth
This isn’t the first time Kate has been rewarded for her efforts at Chelsea - she won gold medals in 2009 and 2013, also taking the ‘best in category’ prize in 2009.