Radlett garden designer wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show awards
- Credit: helenfickling.com
Local garden designer Kate Gould has won a gold medal and ‘best in category’ award at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
The owner of Kate Gould Gardens picked up the prizes for her City Living garden, which triumphed in the Fresh Garden category.
City Living is a contemporary, multi-storey creation, imagined in a typical urban apartment block.
Features include two huge Anglepoise outdoor lamps, sustainably sourced bamboo decking and a stairwell clad with back lit terrazzo.
Radlett-based Kate said: “City Living is the most ambitious garden I have ever designed for Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
“Without the skill, determination and sheer hard work of the most amazing tearm we would never have made it. There were moments when I thought we wouldn’t but I shouldn’t have doubted the guys. They are epic and have realised my creation on paper into the most wondrous of creations of which I am so, so proud.
“Every time I look at the garden I have to pinch myself that it is actually there and looks if anything far better than it did in my head. Hats off and huge thanks to everyone involved.”
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 5 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 8 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
- 9 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 10 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
This isn’t the first time Kate has been rewarded for her efforts at Chelsea - she won gold medals in 2009 and 2013, also taking the ‘best in category’ prize in 2009.