Quarter of homes at new Harpenden development sold to Londoners
- Credit: Archant
One in four of the homes sold at a major new Harpenden development have been snapped up by people moving out of the capital.
Shanly Homes believe that the better value for money offered at its Westminster Fields development is a major attraction to capital-dwellers, with four-bed homes in the town typically costing 33 per cent less than they would in London.
Westminster Fields’ 32 four and five-bed family homes are located on a private residential road off Tuffnells Way, near Wood End School.
Features of the homes include Italian kitchens with quartz worktops and master bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, plus garages, large driveways and views of open countryside.
Just six homes remain for sale at the development, with current prices starting from £965,000 for a four-bed detached home. A selection of five-bed homes is also available.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Warner, managing director of Shanly Homes, said: “With open green spaces, exceptional schools and better value for money, it’s easy to see why many Londoners are leaving the capital for locations in the commuter belt such as Harpenden.
“We have seen significant interest from homeowners and commuters who want to maintain links to the city for work, whilst living next to the peace and quiet of the countryside. We’re delighted to offer homes such as those at Westminster Fields which tick all the boxes for London leavers.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
For further information, visit www.shanlyhomes.com or contact the show home at Westminster Fields on 01582 638122.