Property Spotlight: Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
One of St Albans’ premier private residencies, set in secluded landscaped grounds of around 3.8 acres, is on the market.
Wick House combines the style of a traditional English house with the benefits provided by improvements and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
The location is steeped in history – Marshal’s Drive used to be the drive to the historic Marshals Wick Manor, a classical Georgian house that was demolished in 1927.
Wick House is a spectacular replacement, providing around 8,000 sq ft of accommodation that includes a staff flat and has recently been the subject of renovation and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
It is set well back from Marshal’s Drive via private gated access and lies in beautiful landscaped and secluded grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst enjoying a quiet location, the property is within approximately 1.25 miles of St Albans City Station and also well placed for access to good local amenities, popular schools and the city centre.
Features include five bedrooms, a drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast/family room, large cinema and family room, heated swimming pool, changing room (with sauna), floodlit hard tennis court, a gymnasium, an integral garage and ample parking.
- 1 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 2 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 3 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 4 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 5 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 6 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 7 Batchwood Hall COVID vaccine team warn of potential scam call
- 8 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 9 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides
- 10 St Albans named among UK's million-pound property hotspots
Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
Aitchisons | 01727 855556 | www.aitchisons.co.uk