Property Spotlight: Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
One of St Albans’ premier private residencies, set in secluded landscaped grounds of around 3.8 acres, is on the market.
Wick House combines the style of a traditional English house with the benefits provided by improvements and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
The location is steeped in history – Marshal’s Drive used to be the drive to the historic Marshals Wick Manor, a classical Georgian house that was demolished in 1927.
Wick House is a spectacular replacement, providing around 8,000 sq ft of accommodation that includes a staff flat and has recently been the subject of renovation and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
It is set well back from Marshal’s Drive via private gated access and lies in beautiful landscaped and secluded grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst enjoying a quiet location, the property is within approximately 1.25 miles of St Albans City Station and also well placed for access to good local amenities, popular schools and the city centre.
Features include five bedrooms, a drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast/family room, large cinema and family room, heated swimming pool, changing room (with sauna), floodlit hard tennis court, a gymnasium, an integral garage and ample parking.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
Aitchisons | 01727 855556 | www.aitchisons.co.uk