Property Spotlight: Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
One of St Albans’ premier private residencies, set in secluded landscaped grounds of around 3.8 acres, is on the market.
Wick House combines the style of a traditional English house with the benefits provided by improvements and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
The location is steeped in history – Marshal’s Drive used to be the drive to the historic Marshals Wick Manor, a classical Georgian house that was demolished in 1927.
Wick House is a spectacular replacement, providing around 8,000 sq ft of accommodation that includes a staff flat and has recently been the subject of renovation and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
It is set well back from Marshal’s Drive via private gated access and lies in beautiful landscaped and secluded grounds.
Whilst enjoying a quiet location, the property is within approximately 1.25 miles of St Albans City Station and also well placed for access to good local amenities, popular schools and the city centre.
Features include five bedrooms, a drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast/family room, large cinema and family room, heated swimming pool, changing room (with sauna), floodlit hard tennis court, a gymnasium, an integral garage and ample parking.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 Saints get another National League South rival after draw for FA Trophy
Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
Aitchisons | 01727 855556 | www.aitchisons.co.uk