Property Spotlight: Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
One of St Albans’ premier private residencies, set in secluded landscaped grounds of around 3.8 acres, is on the market.
Wick House combines the style of a traditional English house with the benefits provided by improvements and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
The location is steeped in history – Marshal’s Drive used to be the drive to the historic Marshals Wick Manor, a classical Georgian house that was demolished in 1927.
Wick House is a spectacular replacement, providing around 8,000 sq ft of accommodation that includes a staff flat and has recently been the subject of renovation and modernisation to the highest contemporary standards.
It is set well back from Marshal’s Drive via private gated access and lies in beautiful landscaped and secluded grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Whilst enjoying a quiet location, the property is within approximately 1.25 miles of St Albans City Station and also well placed for access to good local amenities, popular schools and the city centre.
Features include five bedrooms, a drawing room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast/family room, large cinema and family room, heated swimming pool, changing room (with sauna), floodlit hard tennis court, a gymnasium, an integral garage and ample parking.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 5 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 District's weekly COVID-19 figures fall for first time since third national lockdown introduced
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Wick House, Marshal’s Drive, St Albans
Aitchisons | 01727 855556 | www.aitchisons.co.uk