Property Spotlight: A refurbished character home in Wheathampstead
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Frost's
Dating back to around 1800 is this stunning three bedroom detached home, situated moments from Wheathampstead High Street and St Helen's CE Primary School.
Refurbished throughout by the current owners, it has an impressive 19ft lounge with a feature fireplace and exposed beams, which gives access to a newly fitted shower room.
Completing the ground floor accommodation is a separate dining room that also has a feature fireplace and exposed beams, and a kitchen with fitted units and wooden worktops.
On the first floor there are three bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and further exposed beams, plus a stunning family bathroom suite.
Externally, a wraparound rear garden includes courtyard access, with steps leading to a top terrace. From here, there is a lawn with steps down to the gravel driveway.
Wheathampstead offers a variety of shops, restaurants and pubs as well as a chemist, doctors' surgery, dentist, church and library.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 8 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
The Hill, Wheathampstead
Guide price: £500,000
Frost's, 01582 833444, www.frosts.co.uk