Property Spotlight: The ‘oldest registered house in St Albans’
- Credit: Archant
Crispin House boasts over 3,500 sq ft of flexible, bright and well-presented family accommodation arranged over four floors, with original features throughout.
Believed to be the oldest registered house in St Albans, the property is Grade II listed and has had numerous uses over the years including as a hostel, an inn and a shop before being converted into the welcoming residential property it is today.
To the right of the entrance hall is a large sitting room which boasts triple aspect windows, beautiful wood flooring, exposed beams and a feature fireplace. There is also a library/dining room, a well presented kitchen/breakfast room and a cloakroom.
To the first floor is a spacious master bedroom with en suite shower room, plus three further bedrooms and a bathroom as well as a family bathroom on the second floor. The first floor also boasts a large sitting room which could be used as a bedroom. The basement includes a store and studio which could be used as a games room or play room.
Crispin House includes a walled courtyard garden to the south, paved with York stone and flanked by raised borders. A gateway provides access to a shared private parking area.
You may also want to watch:
Crispin House, Holywell Hill, St Albans
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 8 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 9 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 10 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
Guide price: £1,295,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com