Property Spotlight: The ‘oldest registered house in St Albans’
- Credit: Archant
Crispin House boasts over 3,500 sq ft of flexible, bright and well-presented family accommodation arranged over four floors, with original features throughout.
Believed to be the oldest registered house in St Albans, the property is Grade II listed and has had numerous uses over the years including as a hostel, an inn and a shop before being converted into the welcoming residential property it is today.
To the right of the entrance hall is a large sitting room which boasts triple aspect windows, beautiful wood flooring, exposed beams and a feature fireplace. There is also a library/dining room, a well presented kitchen/breakfast room and a cloakroom.
To the first floor is a spacious master bedroom with en suite shower room, plus three further bedrooms and a bathroom as well as a family bathroom on the second floor. The first floor also boasts a large sitting room which could be used as a bedroom. The basement includes a store and studio which could be used as a games room or play room.
Crispin House includes a walled courtyard garden to the south, paved with York stone and flanked by raised borders. A gateway provides access to a shared private parking area.
You may also want to watch:
Crispin House, Holywell Hill, St Albans
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 7 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
Guide price: £1,295,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com