Property Spotlight: The ‘oldest registered house in St Albans’
- Credit: Archant
Crispin House boasts over 3,500 sq ft of flexible, bright and well-presented family accommodation arranged over four floors, with original features throughout.
Believed to be the oldest registered house in St Albans, the property is Grade II listed and has had numerous uses over the years including as a hostel, an inn and a shop before being converted into the welcoming residential property it is today.
To the right of the entrance hall is a large sitting room which boasts triple aspect windows, beautiful wood flooring, exposed beams and a feature fireplace. There is also a library/dining room, a well presented kitchen/breakfast room and a cloakroom.
To the first floor is a spacious master bedroom with en suite shower room, plus three further bedrooms and a bathroom as well as a family bathroom on the second floor. The first floor also boasts a large sitting room which could be used as a bedroom. The basement includes a store and studio which could be used as a games room or play room.
Crispin House includes a walled courtyard garden to the south, paved with York stone and flanked by raised borders. A gateway provides access to a shared private parking area.
You may also want to watch:
Crispin House, Holywell Hill, St Albans
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Green light given to new hospital project
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Guide price: £1,295,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com