Property Spotlight: The ‘oldest registered house in St Albans’
- Credit: Archant
Crispin House boasts over 3,500 sq ft of flexible, bright and well-presented family accommodation arranged over four floors, with original features throughout.
Believed to be the oldest registered house in St Albans, the property is Grade II listed and has had numerous uses over the years including as a hostel, an inn and a shop before being converted into the welcoming residential property it is today.
To the right of the entrance hall is a large sitting room which boasts triple aspect windows, beautiful wood flooring, exposed beams and a feature fireplace. There is also a library/dining room, a well presented kitchen/breakfast room and a cloakroom.
To the first floor is a spacious master bedroom with en suite shower room, plus three further bedrooms and a bathroom as well as a family bathroom on the second floor. The first floor also boasts a large sitting room which could be used as a bedroom. The basement includes a store and studio which could be used as a games room or play room.
Crispin House includes a walled courtyard garden to the south, paved with York stone and flanked by raised borders. A gateway provides access to a shared private parking area.
You may also want to watch:
Crispin House, Holywell Hill, St Albans
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
Guide price: £1,295,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com