Property Spotlight: A converted chapel close to Markyate's pretty high street
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Ashtons
Built circa 1850, this unique property has been thoughtfully converted to retain many character features whilst providing architecturally stunning living space.
The spacious and flexible accommodation includes an inner contained vestibule which leads into a spectacular main living area with an impressive vaulted ceiling. This room offers open plan living/dining space with a bespoke fitted kitchen.
There is also a ground floor master bedroom and an impressive bathroom with a roll top bath.
Upstairs, three well-proportioned bedrooms are serviced by a separate interconnecting shower room.
Presented in good order throughout, this home benefits further from having a utility room, and a low maintenance courtyard garden. In addition, there is off road parking for one car.
Located just off the high street in Markyate, a picturesque Hertfordshire village, the property is a short walk from excellent amenities and lovely countryside walks.
Markyate is conveniently located for London commuters within easy reach of efficient rail links at nearby Harpenden and St Albans. The M1 and M25 motorways and London Luton Airport are also easily accessible.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 5 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 6 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
The Old Chapel, Pickford Road, Markyate
Guide price: £600,000
Ashtons, 01582 793555, www.ashtons.co.uk