Property Spotlight: The much anticipated Gabriel Square development on London Road, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This unique, modernist development is conveniently located between the City station and the town centre.
Developer Meyer Homes has partnered with leading international architectural and design practices, Benson & Forsyth and Conran and Partners, to design the townhouses and apartments that they hope will redefine contemporary design-led living in St Albans.
The development consists of 80 new homes – 28 one and two-bed apartments and duplexes and 52 three and four-bed townhouses.
The properties boast secure underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens and Control4 smart homes technology. Additional features include underfloor heating, roof terraces, balconies and gardens.
Each property is designed to allow residents to immerse themselves in a comfortable and spacious environment of public and private-access lawns set against a backdrop of evergreens, dynamic planting and art installations by award-winning sculptor, David Harber.
Recalling the iconic layouts of grand Georgian and Victorian garden squares across the UK, the central space of Gabriel Square has been designed as a place in which residents can meet and interact.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 7 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 8 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Gabriel Square, London Road, St Albans
Apartments and duplexes from £475,000; Townhouses from £1,195,000.
Collinson Hall | 01727 843222 | www.collinsonhall.co.uk