Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: David Chadwick St Albans
This truly exceptional detached family home is ideally located for easy access to the mainline station, city centre and excellent schooling.
The property has been the subject of considerable enlargement and improvement in recent years and now presents beautifully appointed accommodation over two light and spacious floors.
To the ground floor, a large entrance hall leads to all the main living accommodation, including two formal reception rooms, a home office and a spectacular kitchen/dining room with a snug, plus a separate utility.
The kitchen is handmade by Neptune and features a temperature and humidity-controlled walk-in wine store and Dekton worktops as well as several large sash windows, a bay window and separate French doors leading to the garden.
Upstairs, there are five double bedrooms, with a bath and shower room to the principal bedroom and shower rooms to the other four bedrooms. The principal suite also includes a walk-in dressing area, as do bedrooms three and four.
You may also want to watch:
Situated within an established walled plot, 35 St Peter's Road is approached via automated gated vehicular access, with a video entry system, or via a second gated pedestrian entrance.
The gardens wrap around the three main elevations of the house with a block paved driveway providing an electric car charging pod point and parking for several vehicles.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
- 10 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
The gardens, with their south-westerly aspect, have been superbly landscaped. A detached garden room offers year round use in a number of ways, including as a studio or home office.
St Peter's Road, St Albans
Guide price: £2,850,000
David Chadwick St Albans, 01727 857165, www.davidchadwickstalbans.com