Property Spotlight: A character cottage in central St Albans
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Hamptons
This charming cottage on Sopwell Lane forms part of a larger Grade II listed residence.
You enter into the kitchen/dining room, which comprises a range of wall and base units.
This leads to the living room to the front with feature fireplace. From the kitchen, steps lead down to the lower ground floor reception.
On the first floor are two double bedrooms and the bathroom.
To the rear of the property is an extensive garden which is mainly laid to lawn, with seating areas at the rear of the house and at the bottom of the garden.
Entry to the building is through the main front door, which leads to the communal hallway. Both the main front door and communal hallway are within the demise of the property, with the neighbouring cottage having a right of access.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 9 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine as Midweek Road Race League makes welcome return
Sopwell Lane, St Albans
Guide price: £645,000
Hamptons, 01727 400223, www.hamptons.co.uk