Property Spotlight: A St Albans fixer-upper with huge renovation potential
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Collinson Hall
This original property was clearly built with a degree of refinement, and there are many interesting period features that remain – including a fabulous turret!
The land to the left and rear is retained by the owners for a future development of three homes.
This house is being sold separately and has off street parking, a garden, and a very useful outbuilding to the rear.
The main house has three well-proportioned reception rooms, plus a conservatory and kitchen to the ground floor, and a basement below.
Stairs within the turret lead to the first floor, where there are currently four bedrooms, a bathroom and a WC.
The owners have recently commissioned a building survey and an associated cost plan to understand required works better, and this can be made available on request.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
Prospect Road, St Albans
Offers in the region of £1m
Collinson Hall, 01727 843222, www.collinsonhall.co.uk