Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Hamptons
This Victorian home of considerable character and style is pleasantly situated within walking distance of Wheathampstead village centre.
Offering well-appointed accommodation, Primrose Cottage has been extended to create a wonderful living area, its focal points being the vaulted ceiling and views to the rear garden.
A separate lounge at the front of the property has an open fireplace with exposed brickwork, creating a warm and cosy feel.
Together with sash windows, stripped pine doors, four bedrooms and off street parking, this property provides everything required for a family home within easy reach of village amenities, as well as an abundance of country walks close by.
Set back from the road, Primrose Cottage is adjacent to a wide, well maintained drive which provides access to privately owned properties to the rear, plus two parking spaces belonging to the cottage itself.
The cottage also has a side access gate from the garden to the drive and is secluded by mature hedging, new fencing at the rear and a walled area.
The property is available for sale with no onward chain.
- 1 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities
- 4 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 5 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 6 Community design group 'ignored' over Alban Arena redevelopment
- 7 Luton Airport expansion approved despite passionate opposition
- 8 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 9 St Albans council urges Hertsmere to rethink plans for Bowmans Cross
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
Primrose Cottage, The Hill, Wheathampstead
Offers in excess of £700,000
Hamptons, 01582 839200, www.hamptons.co.uk