See inside this fine £2.25m home in Mackerye End, near Harpenden
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Hamptons
Comprehensively extended and refurbished to an impeccable standard by the current owners, Cherry Trees is secluded in a plot measuring approximately two thirds of an acre.
Approached through an electric gate via a long driveway, the property is set in beautifully landscaped and supremely private grounds.
Upon entry, the central hallway leads to three separate reception rooms, including an orangery, plus a downstairs cloakroom.
The orangery and dining area have attractive flagstone flooring as do the kitchen and utility room. The lounge and bathrooms boast stunning parquet flooring.
The property also features attractive farmhouse doors with Suffolk latches throughout, plus a luxury, hand built Shaker style fitted kitchen, which includes a Rangemaster cooker.
The first floor boasts four bedrooms and two bathrooms. The family bathroom has a classic white C.P. Hart suite plus an oversized step-in shower cubicle.
Externally, the gravel driveway has parking for several vehicles and there is also a solid oak double garage which has an inviting guest annexe at the rear.
If proof were needed of Mackerye End's exclusive status, the hamlet's Manor House was the most expensive home to sell in Hertfordshire during 2020, changing hands for £6.35m.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 7 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
Cherry Trees, Mackerye End, Harpenden
Hamptons, 01582 839200, www.hamptons.co.uk