Property Spotlight: An immaculate period home in St Albans' old conservation area
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Northwood
This simply stunning four/five bedroom family home has been sympathetically refurbished with accommodation thoughtfully arranged over three floors.
Enviably positioned in the heart of the old conservation area, the property is under half a mile from the city centre and under a mile from City station.
A welcoming entrance hall leads to a charming reception room, with features including bespoke flooring and timber panelling.
The kitchen/family room has been meticulously arranged with handmade shaker style units and Quartz worktops. Double doors open into a playroom and there is also a handy cloakroom. The ground floor level also benefits from underfloor heating.
On the first floor there are three bedrooms and a beautifully refurbished family bathroom equipped with CP Hart furniture. There are column radiators throughout this floor, and smart heating controls linked to an app. A drop down ladder provides easy access to a fully boarded and useable loft space.
The basement floor includes another excellent sized double bedroom with bespoke fitted wardrobes, a bathroom, utility room and wet room. A reception room which is currently used as a cinema room could double as an additional bedroom.
The south facing rear garden is enclosed by walling and fencing, providing privacy.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 5 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 8 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 9 Drum kit, CD player and stereo stolen in burglary
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
Another key feature is the home office which is fully equipped with power, internet and heating.
Lower Dagnall Street, St Albans
Guide price: £1,200,000
Northwood, 01727 734550, www.northwooduk.com