Property Spotlight: A fine family home near Hitchin, set in grounds of five acres
- Credit: Archant
Birkitt Hill House is an elegant, unlisted period family home situated in an elelvated position within five acres of land on the edge of Great Offley village.
This historic home with Georgian origins also includes Victorian and Edwardian additions, meaning the house is filled with period features.
The main entrance has a stone portico and leads into the large reception hall, grand drawing room and cloakroom. The smaller hall provides access to the study and dining room, garden, and stairs to the cellar. The kitchen boasts beautiful oak fitted walls and leads to a spacious breakfast room, pantry, utility and serving hatch to the dining room.
There are eight bedrooms on the first floor, where the impressive master suite offers beautiful views. Two further bath/shower rooms complete the first floor.
Outside, there is ample parking space as well as a large stable building which includes four garages, a stable room, tack room, store room and loft space.
Another timber frame building sits in the grounds and is host to a summer house. The gardens have numerous beds, lawn paths and sitting areas. Finishing off the property is the outside kitchen area.
Hitchin train station is only a short drive away, offering journey times to Kings Cross of only 33 minutes. The M1, A1 and Luton Airport are also within easy reach.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
Birkitt Hill House, Great Offley, Hitchin
Carter Jonas, 01223 634205, www.carterjonas.co.uk