Property Spotlight: Chalkdell Farmhouse, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
Forming part of the Ayot Estate, the recently refurbished Chalkdell Farmhouse dates back to the 18th century.
Located just outside Wheathampsted, it is set within around an acre of formal gardens, combining traditional architectural features with a contemporary finish to make a truly unique family home.
At the heart of the property is the extensive kitchen with stunning curved breakfast bar, integrated units and timber work surfaces. There is a built in dishwasher, induction hob, microwave and bowled sink.
The kitchen leads into the dining room which exudes character with wooden beams, dual aspect windows and French doors leading onto the rear garden patio area.
There is an additional reception room with tiled flooring, an electric flame effect fireplace and French doors leading out to the garden.
Upstairs, the landing is lit with censored floor lighting with access to all first floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
There is a large master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room plus four further bedrooms.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
The family bathroom includes a large bath and there is also an additional shower room with WC.
In the basement, there is a boarded out storage space cellar with wall electricity sockets and lighting.
The property is accessed by a gravelled driveway, leading to an area for the parking of six cars. There is a mature garden to the rear of the property, with two outbuildings and a patio, extending to approximately half an acre.
Welwyn Garden City, Harpenden and Hatfield stations are all under four miles away as the crow flies.
Chalkdell Farmhouse, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead
Home County Rentals | 01582 761666 | www.homecountyrentals.co.uk