Property Spotlight: Chalkdell Farmhouse, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
Forming part of the Ayot Estate, the recently refurbished Chalkdell Farmhouse dates back to the 18th century.
Located just outside Wheathampsted, it is set within around an acre of formal gardens, combining traditional architectural features with a contemporary finish to make a truly unique family home.
At the heart of the property is the extensive kitchen with stunning curved breakfast bar, integrated units and timber work surfaces. There is a built in dishwasher, induction hob, microwave and bowled sink.
The kitchen leads into the dining room which exudes character with wooden beams, dual aspect windows and French doors leading onto the rear garden patio area.
There is an additional reception room with tiled flooring, an electric flame effect fireplace and French doors leading out to the garden.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs, the landing is lit with censored floor lighting with access to all first floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
There is a large master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room plus four further bedrooms.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
The family bathroom includes a large bath and there is also an additional shower room with WC.
In the basement, there is a boarded out storage space cellar with wall electricity sockets and lighting.
The property is accessed by a gravelled driveway, leading to an area for the parking of six cars. There is a mature garden to the rear of the property, with two outbuildings and a patio, extending to approximately half an acre.
Welwyn Garden City, Harpenden and Hatfield stations are all under four miles away as the crow flies.
Chalkdell Farmhouse, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead
Home County Rentals | 01582 761666 | www.homecountyrentals.co.uk