Property Spotlight: Chalkdell Farmhouse, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
Forming part of the Ayot Estate, the recently refurbished Chalkdell Farmhouse dates back to the 18th century.
Located just outside Wheathampsted, it is set within around an acre of formal gardens, combining traditional architectural features with a contemporary finish to make a truly unique family home.
At the heart of the property is the extensive kitchen with stunning curved breakfast bar, integrated units and timber work surfaces. There is a built in dishwasher, induction hob, microwave and bowled sink.
The kitchen leads into the dining room which exudes character with wooden beams, dual aspect windows and French doors leading onto the rear garden patio area.
There is an additional reception room with tiled flooring, an electric flame effect fireplace and French doors leading out to the garden.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs, the landing is lit with censored floor lighting with access to all first floor bedrooms and bathrooms.
There is a large master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room plus four further bedrooms.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 7 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 8 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 9 Talented Verulam Reallymoving juniors star on return to competitive cycling
- 10 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
The family bathroom includes a large bath and there is also an additional shower room with WC.
In the basement, there is a boarded out storage space cellar with wall electricity sockets and lighting.
The property is accessed by a gravelled driveway, leading to an area for the parking of six cars. There is a mature garden to the rear of the property, with two outbuildings and a patio, extending to approximately half an acre.
Welwyn Garden City, Harpenden and Hatfield stations are all under four miles away as the crow flies.
Chalkdell Farmhouse, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead
Home County Rentals | 01582 761666 | www.homecountyrentals.co.uk