Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed barn conversion in London Colney
Herts Ad Property team
- Credit: Hamptons
This stunning Grade II listed barn conversion dates back to the late 17th or early 18th century.
Situated in a semi-rural location, Landsdowne offers wonderful character features including exposed beams and vaulted ceilings. It also benefits from a secluded rear garden and detached garage.
Entry is into a welcoming entrance hall with tiled flooring which leads to the main living accommodation.
The impressive dual aspect sitting room has a vaulted ceiling, and leads to the dining room. Beyond this is the TV/family room and kitchen/breakfast room.
The kitchen comprises a range of wall and base units with integrated appliances. There is also a utility room and a separate WC.
On the first floor are three bedrooms with an en suite shower room to the main bedroom and a family bathroom.
There is a further study (which could potentially be adapted as a fourth bedroom) which overlooks the sitting room.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
- 10 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
To the front of the house is a secluded walled garden which is mainly laid to lawn and is well stocked with a variety of mature trees and shrubs.
A terrace runs along the front of the house and a path leads to the detached double garage with electric up and over door. There is also parking for several cars.
A communal lawn extends to the rear of the property.
Landsdowne is located close to Salisbury Hall and De Havilland aircraft museum on the outskirts of St Albans.
The M25 is available at junction 22 and there is access to the M1 and A1M, along with the A414.
Landsdowne, London Colney
Guide price: £1.25m
Hamptons, 01727 890770, www.hamptons.co.uk