Property Spotlight: An outstanding period home close to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
This stunning property is situated on the outskirts of Lemsford village close to the Brocket Estate, itself on the outskirts of Welwyn Garden City.
Originally built in 1857, Lemsford House is a fabulous country retreat retaining much of the original charm and Victorian features, well presented throughout.
Gas central heating is installed with zoned controls and there is an efficient broadband connection.
High ceilings, picture rails and original fireplaces adorn the principal rooms and there are particularly fine views over the gardens to the east from the main living room and dining room.
The vast majority of the accommodation is spread over two floors with one bedroom in the attic, which is currently used for storage and allows access to a vast walk-in loft space.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor the master suite has both en-suite shower room and bathroom and there are three other bedrooms to this wing, served by a family bathroom. Two further double bedrooms and en-suite Jack and Jill bathroom are located in the guest wing, approached via a staircase from the half landing.
Externally the gardens are a particular feature of the house, extending to approximately 0.9 acres in total enjoying extensive lawns, shrubberies, mature trees and a working well.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
There is also a gravel and part block paved driveway providing ample parking and wiring for electric gates.
Lemsford House, Brocket Road, Welwyn Garden City
Guide price £1,950,000
Ashtons | 01707 331100 | www.ashtons.co.uk