Property Spotlight: An outstanding period home close to Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
This stunning property is situated on the outskirts of Lemsford village close to the Brocket Estate, itself on the outskirts of Welwyn Garden City.
Originally built in 1857, Lemsford House is a fabulous country retreat retaining much of the original charm and Victorian features, well presented throughout.
Gas central heating is installed with zoned controls and there is an efficient broadband connection.
High ceilings, picture rails and original fireplaces adorn the principal rooms and there are particularly fine views over the gardens to the east from the main living room and dining room.
The vast majority of the accommodation is spread over two floors with one bedroom in the attic, which is currently used for storage and allows access to a vast walk-in loft space.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor the master suite has both en-suite shower room and bathroom and there are three other bedrooms to this wing, served by a family bathroom. Two further double bedrooms and en-suite Jack and Jill bathroom are located in the guest wing, approached via a staircase from the half landing.
Externally the gardens are a particular feature of the house, extending to approximately 0.9 acres in total enjoying extensive lawns, shrubberies, mature trees and a working well.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
There is also a gravel and part block paved driveway providing ample parking and wiring for electric gates.
Lemsford House, Brocket Road, Welwyn Garden City
Guide price £1,950,000
Ashtons | 01707 331100 | www.ashtons.co.uk