Property Spotlight: An outstanding £3,250,000 family home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
From the oak panelled entrance hall with original fireplace through to the enormous kitchen and conservatory at the rear, this is a substantial, spacious early Edwardian residence that would make a wonderful home for a large family.
With six bedrooms - plus two more in the adjacent barn-style cottage - and four reception rooms, it could easily accommodate a multi-generation family with plenty of space for a live-in nanny.
The magnificent kitchen, with large island and orangery dining space, connects to an elegant dining room with doors onto the garden, which in turn opens into a pretty sitting room with large corner bay window. On the other side of the hall are the drawing room and snug, both oak panelled with open fireplaces, plus a large home office, utility room and two cloakrooms.
Upstairs, the two largest bedrooms, one of which has a pretty balcony with far reaching views, have luxurious en suites with both showers and stand alone baths. A third luxury bathroom serves the remaining four bedrooms, all of which are distinctive with original features.
Behind the house the current owners have recently converted an outbuilding into a stylish two-bedroom guest cottage with double height glazing in the sitting room and doors onto the garden. The gardens are just over an acre, with an attractive formal layout at the front of the house, a very large lawn and an orchard and wild garden.
You may also want to watch:
The house also has planning consent for remodelling and single storey side and rear extensions.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
Byways, Ayres End Lane, Haprenden
Guide price: £3,250,000
Ashtons, 01582 461166, www.ashtons.co.uk