Property Spotlight: An outstanding £3,250,000 family home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
From the oak panelled entrance hall with original fireplace through to the enormous kitchen and conservatory at the rear, this is a substantial, spacious early Edwardian residence that would make a wonderful home for a large family.
With six bedrooms - plus two more in the adjacent barn-style cottage - and four reception rooms, it could easily accommodate a multi-generation family with plenty of space for a live-in nanny.
The magnificent kitchen, with large island and orangery dining space, connects to an elegant dining room with doors onto the garden, which in turn opens into a pretty sitting room with large corner bay window. On the other side of the hall are the drawing room and snug, both oak panelled with open fireplaces, plus a large home office, utility room and two cloakrooms.
Upstairs, the two largest bedrooms, one of which has a pretty balcony with far reaching views, have luxurious en suites with both showers and stand alone baths. A third luxury bathroom serves the remaining four bedrooms, all of which are distinctive with original features.
Behind the house the current owners have recently converted an outbuilding into a stylish two-bedroom guest cottage with double height glazing in the sitting room and doors onto the garden. The gardens are just over an acre, with an attractive formal layout at the front of the house, a very large lawn and an orchard and wild garden.
You may also want to watch:
The house also has planning consent for remodelling and single storey side and rear extensions.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 5 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
Byways, Ayres End Lane, Haprenden
Guide price: £3,250,000
Ashtons, 01582 461166, www.ashtons.co.uk