Property Spotlight: An outstanding £3,250,000 family home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
From the oak panelled entrance hall with original fireplace through to the enormous kitchen and conservatory at the rear, this is a substantial, spacious early Edwardian residence that would make a wonderful home for a large family.
With six bedrooms - plus two more in the adjacent barn-style cottage - and four reception rooms, it could easily accommodate a multi-generation family with plenty of space for a live-in nanny.
The magnificent kitchen, with large island and orangery dining space, connects to an elegant dining room with doors onto the garden, which in turn opens into a pretty sitting room with large corner bay window. On the other side of the hall are the drawing room and snug, both oak panelled with open fireplaces, plus a large home office, utility room and two cloakrooms.
Upstairs, the two largest bedrooms, one of which has a pretty balcony with far reaching views, have luxurious en suites with both showers and stand alone baths. A third luxury bathroom serves the remaining four bedrooms, all of which are distinctive with original features.
Behind the house the current owners have recently converted an outbuilding into a stylish two-bedroom guest cottage with double height glazing in the sitting room and doors onto the garden. The gardens are just over an acre, with an attractive formal layout at the front of the house, a very large lawn and an orchard and wild garden.
The house also has planning consent for remodelling and single storey side and rear extensions.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
Byways, Ayres End Lane, Haprenden
Guide price: £3,250,000
Ashtons, 01582 461166, www.ashtons.co.uk