Property Spotlight: An outstanding £3,250,000 family home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
From the oak panelled entrance hall with original fireplace through to the enormous kitchen and conservatory at the rear, this is a substantial, spacious early Edwardian residence that would make a wonderful home for a large family.
With six bedrooms - plus two more in the adjacent barn-style cottage - and four reception rooms, it could easily accommodate a multi-generation family with plenty of space for a live-in nanny.
The magnificent kitchen, with large island and orangery dining space, connects to an elegant dining room with doors onto the garden, which in turn opens into a pretty sitting room with large corner bay window. On the other side of the hall are the drawing room and snug, both oak panelled with open fireplaces, plus a large home office, utility room and two cloakrooms.
Upstairs, the two largest bedrooms, one of which has a pretty balcony with far reaching views, have luxurious en suites with both showers and stand alone baths. A third luxury bathroom serves the remaining four bedrooms, all of which are distinctive with original features.
Behind the house the current owners have recently converted an outbuilding into a stylish two-bedroom guest cottage with double height glazing in the sitting room and doors onto the garden. The gardens are just over an acre, with an attractive formal layout at the front of the house, a very large lawn and an orchard and wild garden.
You may also want to watch:
The house also has planning consent for remodelling and single storey side and rear extensions.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
Byways, Ayres End Lane, Haprenden
Guide price: £3,250,000
Ashtons, 01582 461166, www.ashtons.co.uk