Property Spotlight: A vast Edwardian home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Hatching Green Lodge is a magnificent Edwardian detached villa, sitting in grounds of around 0.7 acres.
The property offers tremendous accommodation throughout, with six bedrooms, six reception rooms and four bathrooms covering a total floor area of more than 6,500sq ft.
The spacious kitchen/breakfast room, which opens onto a conservatory, is particularly notable, as is the master bedroom with its own dressing room and en suite bathroom.
There is an annexe/studio above the garage, which is part of the main house; it has a separate staircase and could be converted to become a self-contained residence for a nanny or relatives.
Externally, a sweeping driveway leads to the triple garage, and there is a beautiful south-facing garden to the rear.
You may also want to watch:
The property is located within walking distance of the Common, the Rothamsted Estate and Harpenden station, with its direct rail links to London.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
Hatching Green Lodge, Harpenden
Guide price £4,500,000
Whittaker & Co, 01582 761500, www.whittakerandco.co.uk