Property Spotlight: A vast Edwardian home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Hatching Green Lodge is a magnificent Edwardian detached villa, sitting in grounds of around 0.7 acres.
The property offers tremendous accommodation throughout, with six bedrooms, six reception rooms and four bathrooms covering a total floor area of more than 6,500sq ft.
The spacious kitchen/breakfast room, which opens onto a conservatory, is particularly notable, as is the master bedroom with its own dressing room and en suite bathroom.
There is an annexe/studio above the garage, which is part of the main house; it has a separate staircase and could be converted to become a self-contained residence for a nanny or relatives.
Externally, a sweeping driveway leads to the triple garage, and there is a beautiful south-facing garden to the rear.
You may also want to watch:
The property is located within walking distance of the Common, the Rothamsted Estate and Harpenden station, with its direct rail links to London.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Hatching Green Lodge, Harpenden
Guide price £4,500,000
Whittaker & Co, 01582 761500, www.whittakerandco.co.uk