Property Spotlight: A vast Edwardian home in Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Hatching Green Lodge is a magnificent Edwardian detached villa, sitting in grounds of around 0.7 acres.
The property offers tremendous accommodation throughout, with six bedrooms, six reception rooms and four bathrooms covering a total floor area of more than 6,500sq ft.
The spacious kitchen/breakfast room, which opens onto a conservatory, is particularly notable, as is the master bedroom with its own dressing room and en suite bathroom.
There is an annexe/studio above the garage, which is part of the main house; it has a separate staircase and could be converted to become a self-contained residence for a nanny or relatives.
Externally, a sweeping driveway leads to the triple garage, and there is a beautiful south-facing garden to the rear.
You may also want to watch:
The property is located within walking distance of the Common, the Rothamsted Estate and Harpenden station, with its direct rail links to London.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?
Hatching Green Lodge, Harpenden
Guide price £4,500,000
Whittaker & Co, 01582 761500, www.whittakerandco.co.uk