Property Spotlight: A unique St Albans home bursting with character
- Credit: Archant
Every now and then a truly unique property comes on the market and captures everyone’s imagination - and this one-of-a-kind terrace is one such home.
The Tudor property sits on the corner of Sopwell Lane and is renowned for being one of the oldest and best preserved medieval buildings in St Albans.
Dating back to the late 15th century, it has been used as a hostel, a beer house, a grocery store and even a pub. Retaining many original features - updated with a contemporary modern style - the home has fantastic character and charm.
Internally, it offers an entrance porch leading to a large living area equipped with an inglenook fireplace, visible wooden beams and exposed brick, a separate dining room with a small bar area, a fitted kitchen, a downstairs WC and a fully useable tanked cellar room. Upstairs you will find two double bedrooms, with storage facilities and a large modern bathroom suite.
Externally, the character property boasts a beautiful sun trap courtyard with rear access to the large garage that opens up right on to Holywell Hill, as well as a 10 Downing Street-style front door.
In addition, the home is ideal for a buyer that wants the potential to extend into the loft or the garage (STPP). Holywell Hill is Ideally located in the heart of St Albans’ conservation area and in close proximity to the city centre and mainline transport links to London.
Early viewing’s are advised for this unique and rarely available property.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
Holywell Hill, St Albans
William H Brown | 01727 834838 | www.williamhbrown.co.uk