Property Spotlight: A unique St Albans home bursting with character
- Credit: Archant
Every now and then a truly unique property comes on the market and captures everyone’s imagination - and this one-of-a-kind terrace is one such home.
The Tudor property sits on the corner of Sopwell Lane and is renowned for being one of the oldest and best preserved medieval buildings in St Albans.
Dating back to the late 15th century, it has been used as a hostel, a beer house, a grocery store and even a pub. Retaining many original features - updated with a contemporary modern style - the home has fantastic character and charm.
Internally, it offers an entrance porch leading to a large living area equipped with an inglenook fireplace, visible wooden beams and exposed brick, a separate dining room with a small bar area, a fitted kitchen, a downstairs WC and a fully useable tanked cellar room. Upstairs you will find two double bedrooms, with storage facilities and a large modern bathroom suite.
Externally, the character property boasts a beautiful sun trap courtyard with rear access to the large garage that opens up right on to Holywell Hill, as well as a 10 Downing Street-style front door.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, the home is ideal for a buyer that wants the potential to extend into the loft or the garage (STPP). Holywell Hill is Ideally located in the heart of St Albans’ conservation area and in close proximity to the city centre and mainline transport links to London.
Early viewing’s are advised for this unique and rarely available property.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Holywell Hill, St Albans
William H Brown | 01727 834838 | www.williamhbrown.co.uk