Property Spotlight: A stunning lakeside home in Radlett with a unique link to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The White House is a an outstanding five-bed, five-bath property, nestled between a private lake and a golf course on a gated estate.
The 5,728 sq ft home was formerly owned by Lauchlan Rose – proprietor of the world famous Rose’s Lime Cordial.
During World War II, Rose’s factories in the London docks were bombed by the Luftwaffe, and for worker safety the Rose family quickly relocated operations to St Albans. Rose bought the estate to be close to the new facilities, and resided there with his family for many years.
The White House is a fine example of 1920s house building, reflecting some elements from the earlier Arts and Crafts movement, together with large entertaining spaces and well laid out accommodation arranged mainly over two floors.
Many original features remain, such as beautiful parquet flooring and imposing over-sized fireplaces, making this an exquisite family home suitable for modern living.
You may also want to watch:
A home open is scheduled for September 23 and 24, where Rose’s Lime Cordial gimlets will be served.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
The White House, Waterside, Shenley Hill, Radlett
London Realtor | 020 8088 1811 | www.londonrealtor.co.uk