Property Spotlight: A stunning lakeside home in Radlett with a unique link to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The White House is a an outstanding five-bed, five-bath property, nestled between a private lake and a golf course on a gated estate.
The 5,728 sq ft home was formerly owned by Lauchlan Rose – proprietor of the world famous Rose’s Lime Cordial.
During World War II, Rose’s factories in the London docks were bombed by the Luftwaffe, and for worker safety the Rose family quickly relocated operations to St Albans. Rose bought the estate to be close to the new facilities, and resided there with his family for many years.
The White House is a fine example of 1920s house building, reflecting some elements from the earlier Arts and Crafts movement, together with large entertaining spaces and well laid out accommodation arranged mainly over two floors.
Many original features remain, such as beautiful parquet flooring and imposing over-sized fireplaces, making this an exquisite family home suitable for modern living.
A home open is scheduled for September 23 and 24, where Rose’s Lime Cordial gimlets will be served.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
The White House, Waterside, Shenley Hill, Radlett
London Realtor | 020 8088 1811 | www.londonrealtor.co.uk