Property Spotlight: A stunning lakeside home in Radlett with a unique link to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The White House is a an outstanding five-bed, five-bath property, nestled between a private lake and a golf course on a gated estate.
The 5,728 sq ft home was formerly owned by Lauchlan Rose – proprietor of the world famous Rose’s Lime Cordial.
During World War II, Rose’s factories in the London docks were bombed by the Luftwaffe, and for worker safety the Rose family quickly relocated operations to St Albans. Rose bought the estate to be close to the new facilities, and resided there with his family for many years.
The White House is a fine example of 1920s house building, reflecting some elements from the earlier Arts and Crafts movement, together with large entertaining spaces and well laid out accommodation arranged mainly over two floors.
Many original features remain, such as beautiful parquet flooring and imposing over-sized fireplaces, making this an exquisite family home suitable for modern living.
You may also want to watch:
A home open is scheduled for September 23 and 24, where Rose’s Lime Cordial gimlets will be served.
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
The White House, Waterside, Shenley Hill, Radlett
London Realtor | 020 8088 1811 | www.londonrealtor.co.uk