Property Spotlight: A stunning lakeside home in Radlett with a unique link to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The White House is a an outstanding five-bed, five-bath property, nestled between a private lake and a golf course on a gated estate.
The 5,728 sq ft home was formerly owned by Lauchlan Rose – proprietor of the world famous Rose’s Lime Cordial.
During World War II, Rose’s factories in the London docks were bombed by the Luftwaffe, and for worker safety the Rose family quickly relocated operations to St Albans. Rose bought the estate to be close to the new facilities, and resided there with his family for many years.
The White House is a fine example of 1920s house building, reflecting some elements from the earlier Arts and Crafts movement, together with large entertaining spaces and well laid out accommodation arranged mainly over two floors.
Many original features remain, such as beautiful parquet flooring and imposing over-sized fireplaces, making this an exquisite family home suitable for modern living.
You may also want to watch:
A home open is scheduled for September 23 and 24, where Rose’s Lime Cordial gimlets will be served.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
The White House, Waterside, Shenley Hill, Radlett
London Realtor | 020 8088 1811 | www.londonrealtor.co.uk