Property Spotlight: A stunning lakeside home in Radlett with a unique link to St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The White House is a an outstanding five-bed, five-bath property, nestled between a private lake and a golf course on a gated estate.
The 5,728 sq ft home was formerly owned by Lauchlan Rose – proprietor of the world famous Rose’s Lime Cordial.
During World War II, Rose’s factories in the London docks were bombed by the Luftwaffe, and for worker safety the Rose family quickly relocated operations to St Albans. Rose bought the estate to be close to the new facilities, and resided there with his family for many years.
The White House is a fine example of 1920s house building, reflecting some elements from the earlier Arts and Crafts movement, together with large entertaining spaces and well laid out accommodation arranged mainly over two floors.
Many original features remain, such as beautiful parquet flooring and imposing over-sized fireplaces, making this an exquisite family home suitable for modern living.
You may also want to watch:
A home open is scheduled for September 23 and 24, where Rose’s Lime Cordial gimlets will be served.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 5 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
The White House, Waterside, Shenley Hill, Radlett
London Realtor | 020 8088 1811 | www.londonrealtor.co.uk