Property Spotlight: A stunning Grade II listed country house with pool in Wheathampstead
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Grade II listed country house has excellent leisure facilities and fabulous far reaching views, all set in grounds totalling 8.6 acres.
The ground floor comprises an entrance hall, sitting room, study/office, library, orangery, sun room, snug, kitchen, breakfast area, utility room and two cloakrooms.
Upstairs there is a fine master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite bath and shower room with a spiral staircase down to the orangery. Bedrooms two and three have en-suite bathrooms and bedroom three also has a dressing area. There are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Additional features include a playroom, a music room and a cellar.
There is also a leisure area, including an indoor heated swimming pool, a gymnasium, and a sauna/shower/changing room.
Further highlights include formal gardens with sun terrace and built-in BBQ, extensive grounds with adjoining ring fenced paddock and a large timber framed outbuilding/garage.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
Down Green House, Harpenden Road, Wheathampstead
Guide price £3m
Savills | 01582 465000 | Savills.co.uk