Property Spotlight: A stunning family home near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Built in 1928, this impressive Arts & Crafts style detached residence stands in an acre of gardens on a prestigious private road.
The ground floor hall and reception rooms have original exposed floorboards and the triple aspect living room and dining room also have wood burning stoves.
The stunning contemporary German-made kitchen has a central island with honed granite work surfaces, incorporating a breakfast bar to one end. Bifold doors lead from the kitchen to the garden. There is also a utility area and a cloakroom.
On the first floor is a curved landing area incorporating double doors to a balcony. The master bedroom has a dressing room and en-suite shower room and there are two further double bedrooms and a study/bedroom six served by a large family bathroom. The second floor provides two further double bedrooms and a bathroom.
There is a timber summer house, a log store and a fully fenced chicken coop in the garden, plus a double garage and ample additional parking.
You may also want to watch:
Full planning permission exists for a large single storey extension to create another reception room.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 5 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 6 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
The Spinney, Desborough Drive, Tewin
Bryan Bishop, 01438 718877, www.bryanbishop.co.uk