Property Spotlight: A stunning family home near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Built in 1928, this impressive Arts & Crafts style detached residence stands in an acre of gardens on a prestigious private road.
The ground floor hall and reception rooms have original exposed floorboards and the triple aspect living room and dining room also have wood burning stoves.
The stunning contemporary German-made kitchen has a central island with honed granite work surfaces, incorporating a breakfast bar to one end. Bifold doors lead from the kitchen to the garden. There is also a utility area and a cloakroom.
On the first floor is a curved landing area incorporating double doors to a balcony. The master bedroom has a dressing room and en-suite shower room and there are two further double bedrooms and a study/bedroom six served by a large family bathroom. The second floor provides two further double bedrooms and a bathroom.
There is a timber summer house, a log store and a fully fenced chicken coop in the garden, plus a double garage and ample additional parking.
You may also want to watch:
Full planning permission exists for a large single storey extension to create another reception room.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
The Spinney, Desborough Drive, Tewin
Bryan Bishop, 01438 718877, www.bryanbishop.co.uk