Property Spotlight: A spacious family home close to popular schools
- Credit: Archant
This stunning detached property has been intelligently extended and re-modelled to create a superb contemporary family home.
The five double bedroom house has been transformed by the current owners to create a stylish and contemporary home with generous proportions throughout.
A large and bright entrance hall with copious storage sets the scene for the wonderful and characterful space that lies beyond.
There are two separate reception rooms that work ideally as study and children’s playroom while the formal lounge to the front offers a minimalist style and opens through to the rear of the house. This spectacular space incorporates a stylishly designed kitchen with breakfast bar and opens through to a large family space.
Bi-folding doors span the rear as the space flows through to a dining area with vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling glass.
Upstairs there are five bedrooms, three of which also feature vaulted ceilings. This clever use of space creates wonderfully bright and generous rooms.
The master and second bedrooms benefit from beautifully fitted en-suites along with a family bathroom serving the remaining rooms.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 5 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
Externally there is ample parking to the front and a garage to the side. The large rear garden is over 130ft in length and mainly laid to lawn.
There is also a garden room that could be used as a summer house or office.
Looking back at the house, the cedar-clad facade and aluminium framed windows create a wonderfully grand design, all situated in an ideal setting for access to local schools and the station.
Granby Avenue, Harpenden
Guide price £1,585,000
Ashtons | 01582 463922 | www.ashtons.co.uk