Property Spotlight: A spacious family home close to popular schools
- Credit: Archant
This stunning detached property has been intelligently extended and re-modelled to create a superb contemporary family home.
The five double bedroom house has been transformed by the current owners to create a stylish and contemporary home with generous proportions throughout.
A large and bright entrance hall with copious storage sets the scene for the wonderful and characterful space that lies beyond.
There are two separate reception rooms that work ideally as study and children’s playroom while the formal lounge to the front offers a minimalist style and opens through to the rear of the house. This spectacular space incorporates a stylishly designed kitchen with breakfast bar and opens through to a large family space.
Bi-folding doors span the rear as the space flows through to a dining area with vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling glass.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs there are five bedrooms, three of which also feature vaulted ceilings. This clever use of space creates wonderfully bright and generous rooms.
The master and second bedrooms benefit from beautifully fitted en-suites along with a family bathroom serving the remaining rooms.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
Externally there is ample parking to the front and a garage to the side. The large rear garden is over 130ft in length and mainly laid to lawn.
There is also a garden room that could be used as a summer house or office.
Looking back at the house, the cedar-clad facade and aluminium framed windows create a wonderfully grand design, all situated in an ideal setting for access to local schools and the station.
Granby Avenue, Harpenden
Guide price £1,585,000
Ashtons | 01582 463922 | www.ashtons.co.uk