Property Spotlight: A spacious family home close to popular schools
- Credit: Archant
This stunning detached property has been intelligently extended and re-modelled to create a superb contemporary family home.
The five double bedroom house has been transformed by the current owners to create a stylish and contemporary home with generous proportions throughout.
A large and bright entrance hall with copious storage sets the scene for the wonderful and characterful space that lies beyond.
There are two separate reception rooms that work ideally as study and children’s playroom while the formal lounge to the front offers a minimalist style and opens through to the rear of the house. This spectacular space incorporates a stylishly designed kitchen with breakfast bar and opens through to a large family space.
Bi-folding doors span the rear as the space flows through to a dining area with vaulted ceilings and floor to ceiling glass.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs there are five bedrooms, three of which also feature vaulted ceilings. This clever use of space creates wonderfully bright and generous rooms.
The master and second bedrooms benefit from beautifully fitted en-suites along with a family bathroom serving the remaining rooms.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 6 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 7 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
Externally there is ample parking to the front and a garage to the side. The large rear garden is over 130ft in length and mainly laid to lawn.
There is also a garden room that could be used as a summer house or office.
Looking back at the house, the cedar-clad facade and aluminium framed windows create a wonderfully grand design, all situated in an ideal setting for access to local schools and the station.
Granby Avenue, Harpenden
Guide price £1,585,000
Ashtons | 01582 463922 | www.ashtons.co.uk