Property Spotlight: A huge home with pool and tennis court in Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Longdene is located in a wonderful semi-rural location set in private gardens in excess of two acres. The main house, which is in excess of 4700 sq ft, offers well balanced, flexible accommodation over two floors.
The property comprises of a reception hall, four reception rooms, a kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, boiler room and pool room.
To the first floor there is the master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite bathroom, guest bedroom with separate dressing room/bedroom six and en-suite bathroom, four further bedrooms - one with en-suite - and separate family bathroom.
The indoor swimming pool complex has doors opening out to the patio and garden area, changing rooms, sauna and WC. In the grounds there is a self-contained artist’s studio, tennis court and a detached workshop with light and power. There is ample parking for multiple vehicles as well as the triple garage.
The beautifully landscaped gardens to the property are private with a mixture of mature woodland trees, hedgerows, flowers and shrubs.
You may also want to watch:
The village of Knebworth is half a mile from Longdene, and its station is approximately one mile away. There is also easy access to Stevenage, Hertford and Welwyn Garden City, which have their own railway link to King’s Cross/Moorgate. The A1(M) can be reached at Stevenage or Welwyn village and provides an alternative route into central London.
There is a good selection of schooling facilities which include independent nursery and pre-preparatory schools at Watton-at-stone (Heathmount) and Hitchin (Kingshot) and a public school at Hertford Heath (Haileybury).
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 9 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
The surrounding countryside provides for many leisure activities to include golf, riding and walking.
Longdene, Old Lane, Knebworth
Guide price £2,295,000
Hamptons | 01727 890 770 | www.hamptons.co.uk