Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed home with pool near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Originally built as a hall house under the reign of Elizabeth I, The Wyck has been beautifully refurbished, extended and modernised, whilst still maintaining its original period detailing throughout.
The property is situated in a peaceful countryside location, a mile from the small village of St Ipployts, and just over two miles from the popular market town of Hitchin.
There is a 22ft sitting room with two fireplaces, while the Edwin Loxley-designed kitchen has granite worktops, twin integrated Miele ovens, two warming drawers, a steam oven and coffee machine and a split Belfast sink.
This leads on to the breakfast room and dining room, the latter of which benefits from French doors onto the gardens.
The garden room is a modern addition, with glass walls overlooking the landscaped grounds to the rear.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs there are four generous double bedrooms, including the master, which has its own dressing room and en suite bathroom.
A further two bedrooms have en suite bathrooms or shower rooms, while there is an additional shower room to the ground floor.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 7 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 10 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
There are delightful south-facing gardens to the rear, with a large paved terrace area giving way to pristine lawns, bordered by well-maintained shrubs, hedgerow and trees.
There is also a heated outdoor swimming pool, with a pool house.
To the side there is a double garage and carport, providing plenty of parking for residents, with additional parking on the driveway.
There is a further outbuilding to the other side of the house, which provides more covered parking or storage space, while a back entrance to the property provides vehicular access to the largest of the property’s outbuildings, a working garage which provides space for up to nine cars.
The Wyck, St Ippolyts, Hitchin
Offers in Excess of £2,400,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com