Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed home with pool near Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Originally built as a hall house under the reign of Elizabeth I, The Wyck has been beautifully refurbished, extended and modernised, whilst still maintaining its original period detailing throughout.
The property is situated in a peaceful countryside location, a mile from the small village of St Ipployts, and just over two miles from the popular market town of Hitchin.
There is a 22ft sitting room with two fireplaces, while the Edwin Loxley-designed kitchen has granite worktops, twin integrated Miele ovens, two warming drawers, a steam oven and coffee machine and a split Belfast sink.
This leads on to the breakfast room and dining room, the latter of which benefits from French doors onto the gardens.
The garden room is a modern addition, with glass walls overlooking the landscaped grounds to the rear.
You may also want to watch:
Upstairs there are four generous double bedrooms, including the master, which has its own dressing room and en suite bathroom.
A further two bedrooms have en suite bathrooms or shower rooms, while there is an additional shower room to the ground floor.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
There are delightful south-facing gardens to the rear, with a large paved terrace area giving way to pristine lawns, bordered by well-maintained shrubs, hedgerow and trees.
There is also a heated outdoor swimming pool, with a pool house.
To the side there is a double garage and carport, providing plenty of parking for residents, with additional parking on the driveway.
There is a further outbuilding to the other side of the house, which provides more covered parking or storage space, while a back entrance to the property provides vehicular access to the largest of the property’s outbuildings, a working garage which provides space for up to nine cars.
The Wyck, St Ippolyts, Hitchin
Offers in Excess of £2,400,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com