Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed farmhouse set in 9.4 acres near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Grade II listed Paynes Farm is set in about 9.4 acres of formal gardens and paddocks on the edge of Woolmer Green village.
Originally built in the 17th century, the four double bedroom detached farmhouse boasts over 4,020 sq. ft. of versatile accommodation.
The ground floor has four principal reception rooms, a re-fitted kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and a cloakroom, and retains period features including exposed beams and brickwork, open fireplaces and vaulted ceilings.
The first floor has three bedrooms all with en suite shower rooms, a further bedroom and a family bathroom.
There is a double garage and a two bay car port which has a first floor storage area.
You may also want to watch:
The equestrian yard has independent access and various facilities, including a horse walker, a floodlit manège, 11 stables, eight field shelters, and a variety of garage/store/tack rooms.
Knebworth station is approximately 1.4 miles from the property, with trains to King’s Cross taking 23 minutes.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Paynes Farm, New Road, Woolmer Green
Guide price £2,750,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk