Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed farmhouse set in 9.4 acres near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
Grade II listed Paynes Farm is set in about 9.4 acres of formal gardens and paddocks on the edge of Woolmer Green village.
Originally built in the 17th century, the four double bedroom detached farmhouse boasts over 4,020 sq. ft. of versatile accommodation.
The ground floor has four principal reception rooms, a re-fitted kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and a cloakroom, and retains period features including exposed beams and brickwork, open fireplaces and vaulted ceilings.
The first floor has three bedrooms all with en suite shower rooms, a further bedroom and a family bathroom.
There is a double garage and a two bay car port which has a first floor storage area.
The equestrian yard has independent access and various facilities, including a horse walker, a floodlit manège, 11 stables, eight field shelters, and a variety of garage/store/tack rooms.
Knebworth station is approximately 1.4 miles from the property, with trains to King’s Cross taking 23 minutes.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 8 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
Paynes Farm, New Road, Woolmer Green
Guide price £2,750,000
Michael Graham, 01462 441700, www.michaelgraham.co.uk