Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed farmhouse in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Nicholls Farm is a delightful period cottage, which stands at the end of a no through road on the edge of the village of Redbourn.
The Grade II listed farmhouse is registered as dating back as far as the 16th century with later additions. Today, it represents a lovely family home with potential to increase the living accommodation on the top floor into two further bedrooms, if required.
The accommodation includes a drawing room, sitting room, main kitchen/breakfast room, secondary kitchen, shower room, four bedrooms - one with en suite shower room - family bathroom and two large loft rooms.
Many original features adorn the house, most notably in the drawing room, which showcases a wonderful vaulted ceiling with exposed timbers and a lovely fireplace with log burner.
Outside, the traditional gardens comprise areas of lawn, herbaceous borders and box hedging. Towards the top of the garden is a useful outbuilding for garden machinery.
You may also want to watch:
Directly opposite the farmhouse is an equestrian centre with 14.5 acres of land. This is available for sale by separate negotiation.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Lybury Lane, Redbourn
Guide price £935,000
Savills | 01582 465 021 | www.savills.co.uk