Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed farmhouse in Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
Nicholls Farm is a delightful period cottage, which stands at the end of a no through road on the edge of the village of Redbourn.
The Grade II listed farmhouse is registered as dating back as far as the 16th century with later additions. Today, it represents a lovely family home with potential to increase the living accommodation on the top floor into two further bedrooms, if required.
The accommodation includes a drawing room, sitting room, main kitchen/breakfast room, secondary kitchen, shower room, four bedrooms - one with en suite shower room - family bathroom and two large loft rooms.
Many original features adorn the house, most notably in the drawing room, which showcases a wonderful vaulted ceiling with exposed timbers and a lovely fireplace with log burner.
Outside, the traditional gardens comprise areas of lawn, herbaceous borders and box hedging. Towards the top of the garden is a useful outbuilding for garden machinery.
Directly opposite the farmhouse is an equestrian centre with 14.5 acres of land. This is available for sale by separate negotiation.
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
Lybury Lane, Redbourn
Guide price £935,000
Savills | 01582 465 021 | www.savills.co.uk