Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed farmhouse in Kinsbourne Green
- Credit: Archant
This detached Grade II listed farmhouse sits in mature landscaped grounds of just over an acre.
There are four good sized reception rooms, including a 39ft garden room, sitting room with inglenook fireplace, dining room and a delightful fitted kitchen/breakfast room complete with Aga.
On the first floor the property boasts six bedrooms, including a master bedroom with en suite. There is also a delightful walled courtyard garden directly off the garden room making it a lovely area for outside entertaining and summer barbecues.
To the front of the property there is a large barn which measures approximately 44ft x 21ft with light, power and water with a door into a potting shed measuring approximately 13ft square.
This barn offers a tremendous amount of potential. Subject to planning permission, it could be converted into a large games/entertainment room or even a separate annexe for a family member.
Historical records enable individual occupants of Lady Bray Farm and House (originally known as Poplars Farm) to be traced, with certainty back to 1753.
The present owners purchased the property in 1996 and have completely modernised and redeveloped it.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 9 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Kinsbourne Green is located on the north side of Harpenden within a short drive of Junction 9 of the M1 and Harpenden town centre.
Lady Bray, Kinsbourne Green, Harpenden
Guide price: £1,695,000
John Curtis, 01582 764471, www.johncurtis.co.uk