Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed farmhouse in Kinsbourne Green
- Credit: Archant
This detached Grade II listed farmhouse sits in mature landscaped grounds of just over an acre.
There are four good sized reception rooms, including a 39ft garden room, sitting room with inglenook fireplace, dining room and a delightful fitted kitchen/breakfast room complete with Aga.
On the first floor the property boasts six bedrooms, including a master bedroom with en suite. There is also a delightful walled courtyard garden directly off the garden room making it a lovely area for outside entertaining and summer barbecues.
To the front of the property there is a large barn which measures approximately 44ft x 21ft with light, power and water with a door into a potting shed measuring approximately 13ft square.
This barn offers a tremendous amount of potential. Subject to planning permission, it could be converted into a large games/entertainment room or even a separate annexe for a family member.
You may also want to watch:
Historical records enable individual occupants of Lady Bray Farm and House (originally known as Poplars Farm) to be traced, with certainty back to 1753.
The present owners purchased the property in 1996 and have completely modernised and redeveloped it.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Kinsbourne Green is located on the north side of Harpenden within a short drive of Junction 9 of the M1 and Harpenden town centre.
Lady Bray, Kinsbourne Green, Harpenden
Guide price: £1,695,000
John Curtis, 01582 764471, www.johncurtis.co.uk