Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed cottage in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Springfield Cottage is a Grade II listed detached character cottage conveniently situated a short walk from Stevenage’s historic Old Town High Street.
Occupying a generous corner plot with well maintained landscaped private gardens, it has been sympathetically modernised while retaining a wide range of original period features. These include wooden latch doors, parquet flooring and a number of exposed timbers to both the walls and ceilings.
In addition there is a useful conservatory/garden room plus a double garage and driveway.
The downstairs accommodation comprises a welcoming reception hallway, sitting room featuring a most impressive inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, separate spacious dining/family room, modern fitted kitchen, conservatory/garden room and cloakroom/WC.
A wide first floor landing provides access to three well proportioned double bedrooms with the practical advantage of both a shower room and separate bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
Further benefits include sealed unit double glazed windows (where specified) and oil-fired central heating.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Springfield Cottage, North Road, Stevenage
Putterills, 01438 316846, www.putterills.co.uk