Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed cottage in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Springfield Cottage is a Grade II listed detached character cottage conveniently situated a short walk from Stevenage’s historic Old Town High Street.
Occupying a generous corner plot with well maintained landscaped private gardens, it has been sympathetically modernised while retaining a wide range of original period features. These include wooden latch doors, parquet flooring and a number of exposed timbers to both the walls and ceilings.
In addition there is a useful conservatory/garden room plus a double garage and driveway.
The downstairs accommodation comprises a welcoming reception hallway, sitting room featuring a most impressive inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, separate spacious dining/family room, modern fitted kitchen, conservatory/garden room and cloakroom/WC.
A wide first floor landing provides access to three well proportioned double bedrooms with the practical advantage of both a shower room and separate bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
Further benefits include sealed unit double glazed windows (where specified) and oil-fired central heating.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
Springfield Cottage, North Road, Stevenage
Putterills, 01438 316846, www.putterills.co.uk