Property Spotlight: A Grade II listed cottage in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Springfield Cottage is a Grade II listed detached character cottage conveniently situated a short walk from Stevenage’s historic Old Town High Street.
Occupying a generous corner plot with well maintained landscaped private gardens, it has been sympathetically modernised while retaining a wide range of original period features. These include wooden latch doors, parquet flooring and a number of exposed timbers to both the walls and ceilings.
In addition there is a useful conservatory/garden room plus a double garage and driveway.
The downstairs accommodation comprises a welcoming reception hallway, sitting room featuring a most impressive inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, separate spacious dining/family room, modern fitted kitchen, conservatory/garden room and cloakroom/WC.
A wide first floor landing provides access to three well proportioned double bedrooms with the practical advantage of both a shower room and separate bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
Further benefits include sealed unit double glazed windows (where specified) and oil-fired central heating.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
Springfield Cottage, North Road, Stevenage
Putterills, 01438 316846, www.putterills.co.uk