Property Spotlight: A former inn with self-contained cottage in Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming and unique Grade II listed property with self-contained cottage is centrally situated in a highly sought-after village location.
The Old Chequers is a desirable and sensitively updated timber framed former inn, parts of which date from the 16th century.
The property offers bright, flexible and well-presented accommodation arranged over three floors, with a wealth of retained character features throughout including exposed timber framing, beams and stonework.
A huge addition to the house is a detached three bedroom self-contained cottage, the accommodation as a whole extending to over 3,200 sq. ft.
A driveway provides off-road parking for several vehicles. To the side and rear, the property boasts a low maintenance walled garden with paved and decked terraces, ideal for entertaining, and a paved area separating the cottage from the main house.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chequers, Church Street, Welwyn
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
Guide price £1,100,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com