Property Spotlight: A former inn with self-contained cottage in Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming and unique Grade II listed property with self-contained cottage is centrally situated in a highly sought-after village location.
The Old Chequers is a desirable and sensitively updated timber framed former inn, parts of which date from the 16th century.
The property offers bright, flexible and well-presented accommodation arranged over three floors, with a wealth of retained character features throughout including exposed timber framing, beams and stonework.
A huge addition to the house is a detached three bedroom self-contained cottage, the accommodation as a whole extending to over 3,200 sq. ft.
A driveway provides off-road parking for several vehicles. To the side and rear, the property boasts a low maintenance walled garden with paved and decked terraces, ideal for entertaining, and a paved area separating the cottage from the main house.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chequers, Church Street, Welwyn
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
Guide price £1,100,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com