Property Spotlight: A former inn with self-contained cottage in Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming and unique Grade II listed property with self-contained cottage is centrally situated in a highly sought-after village location.
The Old Chequers is a desirable and sensitively updated timber framed former inn, parts of which date from the 16th century.
The property offers bright, flexible and well-presented accommodation arranged over three floors, with a wealth of retained character features throughout including exposed timber framing, beams and stonework.
A huge addition to the house is a detached three bedroom self-contained cottage, the accommodation as a whole extending to over 3,200 sq. ft.
A driveway provides off-road parking for several vehicles. To the side and rear, the property boasts a low maintenance walled garden with paved and decked terraces, ideal for entertaining, and a paved area separating the cottage from the main house.
The Old Chequers, Church Street, Welwyn
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 5 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 6 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 9 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 10 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
Guide price £1,100,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com