Property Spotlight: A former inn with self-contained cottage in Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming and unique Grade II listed property with self-contained cottage is centrally situated in a highly sought-after village location.
The Old Chequers is a desirable and sensitively updated timber framed former inn, parts of which date from the 16th century.
The property offers bright, flexible and well-presented accommodation arranged over three floors, with a wealth of retained character features throughout including exposed timber framing, beams and stonework.
A huge addition to the house is a detached three bedroom self-contained cottage, the accommodation as a whole extending to over 3,200 sq. ft.
A driveway provides off-road parking for several vehicles. To the side and rear, the property boasts a low maintenance walled garden with paved and decked terraces, ideal for entertaining, and a paved area separating the cottage from the main house.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chequers, Church Street, Welwyn
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Guide price £1,100,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com