Property Spotlight: A former inn with self-contained cottage in Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming and unique Grade II listed property with self-contained cottage is centrally situated in a highly sought-after village location.
The Old Chequers is a desirable and sensitively updated timber framed former inn, parts of which date from the 16th century.
The property offers bright, flexible and well-presented accommodation arranged over three floors, with a wealth of retained character features throughout including exposed timber framing, beams and stonework.
A huge addition to the house is a detached three bedroom self-contained cottage, the accommodation as a whole extending to over 3,200 sq. ft.
A driveway provides off-road parking for several vehicles. To the side and rear, the property boasts a low maintenance walled garden with paved and decked terraces, ideal for entertaining, and a paved area separating the cottage from the main house.
You may also want to watch:
The Old Chequers, Church Street, Welwyn
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 8 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 9 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
Guide price £1,100,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com