Property Spotlight: A fine period home on one of St Albans’ best streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Georgian property is set in the heart of the conservation area close to St Michael’s village, the city centre and well regarded schooling.
Retaining numerous period features, this handsome period home provides generous and well-presented accommodation arranged over two floors.
The first and second reception rooms have been opened up to create an impressive family and entertaining area which leads to a peaceful seating area with skylight, currently used as a reading room. Steps lead down to the dining room which, in turn, leads directly into the fitted kitchen.
On the first floor there are three double bedrooms, two of which benefit from modern fitted wardrobes.
The family bathroom is fitted with a modern three piece suite and there is a separate guest WC on the ground floor.
You may also want to watch:
Outside to the rear, there is an established garden which has a westerly aspect.
Hill Street is widely considered one of the prettiest roads in the conservation area. The house types reflect building styles of the Georgian and Victorian eras. From the first floor there are far-reaching rooftop views of the conservation area.
- 1 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 2 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 Mumpreneurs launch reusable colouring sheets to protect environment
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 10 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
In summary, a superb house with a sought after yet quiet address.
Hill Street, St Albans
Guide price £925,000
Ashtons | www.ashtons.co.uk | 01727 819666