Property Spotlight: A fine period home on one of St Albans’ best streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Georgian property is set in the heart of the conservation area close to St Michael’s village, the city centre and well regarded schooling.
Retaining numerous period features, this handsome period home provides generous and well-presented accommodation arranged over two floors.
The first and second reception rooms have been opened up to create an impressive family and entertaining area which leads to a peaceful seating area with skylight, currently used as a reading room. Steps lead down to the dining room which, in turn, leads directly into the fitted kitchen.
On the first floor there are three double bedrooms, two of which benefit from modern fitted wardrobes.
The family bathroom is fitted with a modern three piece suite and there is a separate guest WC on the ground floor.
Outside to the rear, there is an established garden which has a westerly aspect.
Hill Street is widely considered one of the prettiest roads in the conservation area. The house types reflect building styles of the Georgian and Victorian eras. From the first floor there are far-reaching rooftop views of the conservation area.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 9 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
In summary, a superb house with a sought after yet quiet address.
Hill Street, St Albans
Guide price £925,000
Ashtons | www.ashtons.co.uk | 01727 819666