Property Spotlight: A fine period home on one of St Albans’ best streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Georgian property is set in the heart of the conservation area close to St Michael’s village, the city centre and well regarded schooling.
Retaining numerous period features, this handsome period home provides generous and well-presented accommodation arranged over two floors.
The first and second reception rooms have been opened up to create an impressive family and entertaining area which leads to a peaceful seating area with skylight, currently used as a reading room. Steps lead down to the dining room which, in turn, leads directly into the fitted kitchen.
On the first floor there are three double bedrooms, two of which benefit from modern fitted wardrobes.
The family bathroom is fitted with a modern three piece suite and there is a separate guest WC on the ground floor.
Outside to the rear, there is an established garden which has a westerly aspect.
Hill Street is widely considered one of the prettiest roads in the conservation area. The house types reflect building styles of the Georgian and Victorian eras. From the first floor there are far-reaching rooftop views of the conservation area.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
In summary, a superb house with a sought after yet quiet address.
Hill Street, St Albans
Guide price £925,000
Ashtons | www.ashtons.co.uk | 01727 819666