Property Spotlight: A fabulous rural retreat near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
This unique five-bed Grade II listed detached residence is steeped in history and dates back to the 17th century, enjoying a wealth of fine period features.
Approached via an entrance vestibule and deep central hall, the property enjoys three generous reception rooms, three bath/shower rooms, a bespoke recently re-fitted kitchen and a utility room.
A sweeping gravel drive allows ample parking which in turn leads to two garages and private cottage gardens to the side and rear.
Woolmer Green is a pretty village situated less than a mile from Knebworth. There is a lovely church, a primary school, a large modern village hall with football pitch and children’s play area, a pretty village duck pond and some wonderful bordering countryside. There are also two pubs, both of which serve food.
London is easily accessible either by rail - with a mainline station located in Knebworth - or by road via the A1(M).
You may also want to watch:
The Old Cottage, London Road, Woolmer Green
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Putterills, 01438 817 007, www.putterills.co.uk