Property Spotlight: A fabulous rural retreat near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
This unique five-bed Grade II listed detached residence is steeped in history and dates back to the 17th century, enjoying a wealth of fine period features.
Approached via an entrance vestibule and deep central hall, the property enjoys three generous reception rooms, three bath/shower rooms, a bespoke recently re-fitted kitchen and a utility room.
A sweeping gravel drive allows ample parking which in turn leads to two garages and private cottage gardens to the side and rear.
Woolmer Green is a pretty village situated less than a mile from Knebworth. There is a lovely church, a primary school, a large modern village hall with football pitch and children’s play area, a pretty village duck pond and some wonderful bordering countryside. There are also two pubs, both of which serve food.
London is easily accessible either by rail - with a mainline station located in Knebworth - or by road via the A1(M).
You may also want to watch:
The Old Cottage, London Road, Woolmer Green
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 8 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind
Putterills, 01438 817 007, www.putterills.co.uk