Property Spotlight: A fabulous family home close to the centre of St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully presented five bedroom detached family home is situated in a sought after residential area, convenient for access to the city centre and mainline station into central London.
The substantial family home has been improved and extended over recent years and enjoys well proportioned accommodation over two floors, whilst maintaining the character and feel of the period.
On the ground floor there is an entrance hall with two formal reception rooms to the front of the property; at the rear, opening to the garden is an expansive open-plan living area with a stylish and fully fitted kitchen, dining area and TV room.
On the first floor are five good sized bedrooms, the master bedroom featuring a large bespoke window and skylights, ensuite bathroom and its own adjoining dressing room.
A further bedroom benefits from its own en-suite shower room, while there is also a family bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
There are gardens to the front, side and rear with a garage to one side which doubles as a gym, and off street parking on two separate driveways. To the rear, a large decked area is accessed via bi-fold doors from the open-plan kitchen and dining area.
The rear garden is well screened with a mixture of mature trees and shrubs, laid to lawn with landscaped borders.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 7 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 8 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Rickmansworth
- 10 Talented Verulam Reallymoving juniors star on return to competitive cycling
Lancaster Road, St Albans
Guide price: £1,975,000
Hamptons | 01727 890 770 | www.hamptons.co.uk