Property Spotlight: A converted pub on one of St Albans’ most beautiful streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Grade II listed character home is located in the heart of St Albans’ old conservation area.
Adjacent to St Michael’s village and close to Verulamium Park and lakes, this fine period home - part of the Black Lion Inn, which was converted a few years ago into three residential dwellings - offers around 2100 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors.
The historic building has been sympathetically restored and enjoys a wealth of character features, including exposed timbers, beams and fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises of an enclosed entrance lobby, which leads into a magnificent 30ft sitting room with feature fireplace, 30ft kitchen/dining/family room across the rear with access to the garden, rear lobby, cloakroom and utility.
On the first floor are two bedrooms, both with en-suite facilities, and on the top floor a further two bedrooms, again both with en-suites.
To the rear of the property is a private landscaped garden with mature planting and shrubs, with gated access to the communal driveway area accessed via electric gates from Branch Road where there are two private parking spaces and a storage shed.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
Fishpool Street, St Albans
Guide price £1.75m
Hamptons | 01727 400031 | www.hamptons.co.uk