Property Spotlight: A converted pub on one of St Albans’ most beautiful streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Grade II listed character home is located in the heart of St Albans’ old conservation area.
Adjacent to St Michael’s village and close to Verulamium Park and lakes, this fine period home - part of the Black Lion Inn, which was converted a few years ago into three residential dwellings - offers around 2100 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors.
The historic building has been sympathetically restored and enjoys a wealth of character features, including exposed timbers, beams and fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises of an enclosed entrance lobby, which leads into a magnificent 30ft sitting room with feature fireplace, 30ft kitchen/dining/family room across the rear with access to the garden, rear lobby, cloakroom and utility.
On the first floor are two bedrooms, both with en-suite facilities, and on the top floor a further two bedrooms, again both with en-suites.
You may also want to watch:
To the rear of the property is a private landscaped garden with mature planting and shrubs, with gated access to the communal driveway area accessed via electric gates from Branch Road where there are two private parking spaces and a storage shed.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Fishpool Street, St Albans
Guide price £1.75m
Hamptons | 01727 400031 | www.hamptons.co.uk