Property Spotlight: A converted pub on one of St Albans’ most beautiful streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Grade II listed character home is located in the heart of St Albans’ old conservation area.
Adjacent to St Michael’s village and close to Verulamium Park and lakes, this fine period home - part of the Black Lion Inn, which was converted a few years ago into three residential dwellings - offers around 2100 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors.
The historic building has been sympathetically restored and enjoys a wealth of character features, including exposed timbers, beams and fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises of an enclosed entrance lobby, which leads into a magnificent 30ft sitting room with feature fireplace, 30ft kitchen/dining/family room across the rear with access to the garden, rear lobby, cloakroom and utility.
On the first floor are two bedrooms, both with en-suite facilities, and on the top floor a further two bedrooms, again both with en-suites.
To the rear of the property is a private landscaped garden with mature planting and shrubs, with gated access to the communal driveway area accessed via electric gates from Branch Road where there are two private parking spaces and a storage shed.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 4 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 5 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 6 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 10 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
Fishpool Street, St Albans
Guide price £1.75m
Hamptons | 01727 400031 | www.hamptons.co.uk