Property Spotlight: A converted pub on one of St Albans’ most beautiful streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Grade II listed character home is located in the heart of St Albans’ old conservation area.
Adjacent to St Michael’s village and close to Verulamium Park and lakes, this fine period home - part of the Black Lion Inn, which was converted a few years ago into three residential dwellings - offers around 2100 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors.
The historic building has been sympathetically restored and enjoys a wealth of character features, including exposed timbers, beams and fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises of an enclosed entrance lobby, which leads into a magnificent 30ft sitting room with feature fireplace, 30ft kitchen/dining/family room across the rear with access to the garden, rear lobby, cloakroom and utility.
On the first floor are two bedrooms, both with en-suite facilities, and on the top floor a further two bedrooms, again both with en-suites.
You may also want to watch:
To the rear of the property is a private landscaped garden with mature planting and shrubs, with gated access to the communal driveway area accessed via electric gates from Branch Road where there are two private parking spaces and a storage shed.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
Fishpool Street, St Albans
Guide price £1.75m
Hamptons | 01727 400031 | www.hamptons.co.uk