Property Spotlight: A converted pub on one of St Albans’ most beautiful streets
- Credit: Archant
This substantial Grade II listed character home is located in the heart of St Albans’ old conservation area.
Adjacent to St Michael’s village and close to Verulamium Park and lakes, this fine period home - part of the Black Lion Inn, which was converted a few years ago into three residential dwellings - offers around 2100 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors.
The historic building has been sympathetically restored and enjoys a wealth of character features, including exposed timbers, beams and fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises of an enclosed entrance lobby, which leads into a magnificent 30ft sitting room with feature fireplace, 30ft kitchen/dining/family room across the rear with access to the garden, rear lobby, cloakroom and utility.
On the first floor are two bedrooms, both with en-suite facilities, and on the top floor a further two bedrooms, again both with en-suites.
You may also want to watch:
To the rear of the property is a private landscaped garden with mature planting and shrubs, with gated access to the communal driveway area accessed via electric gates from Branch Road where there are two private parking spaces and a storage shed.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 9 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
Fishpool Street, St Albans
Guide price £1.75m
Hamptons | 01727 400031 | www.hamptons.co.uk