Property Spotlight: A character-packed 1960s home in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully preserved three-bedroom house sits on Pleasant Rise, a quiet residential street forming part of the Ryde estate, Hatfield.
The popular 1960s development also features the renowned Grade II-listed Cockaigne houses.
This particular house was designed by Peter Dunham of the firm Dunham, Widdup and Harrison, who were appointed by the Hatfield Development Corporation to prepare the layout for the Ryde estate and design the second phase of houses on Pleasant Rise in 1963.
Original mid-century features have been preserved and sensitively modernised in areas, including low-level radiators, exposed brickwork and parquet flooring in the entrance hall and reception rooms.
Accommodation is arranged over two storeys and includes three bedrooms, a reception room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/playroom, large family bathroom, washroom and extended garage.
The house is close to the historic site of Hatfield House and residents of this area are entitled to apply for a pass that allows free access to Hatfield Park throughout the year.
The shops of Welwyn Garden City are a short drive away and both Old Hatfield and Hatfield town centre are within walking distance.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 4 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 5 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 6 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 7 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 10 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
Hatfield railway station can be reached on foot in approximately 10 minutes and trains run direct to London King’s Cross (approximately 19 minutes) and London Moorgate (30 minutes).
Pleasant Rise, Hatfield
The Modern House, 020 3795 5920, www.themodernhouse.com