Property Spotlight: A character-packed 1960s home in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully preserved three-bedroom house sits on Pleasant Rise, a quiet residential street forming part of the Ryde estate, Hatfield.
The popular 1960s development also features the renowned Grade II-listed Cockaigne houses.
This particular house was designed by Peter Dunham of the firm Dunham, Widdup and Harrison, who were appointed by the Hatfield Development Corporation to prepare the layout for the Ryde estate and design the second phase of houses on Pleasant Rise in 1963.
Original mid-century features have been preserved and sensitively modernised in areas, including low-level radiators, exposed brickwork and parquet flooring in the entrance hall and reception rooms.
Accommodation is arranged over two storeys and includes three bedrooms, a reception room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/playroom, large family bathroom, washroom and extended garage.
You may also want to watch:
The house is close to the historic site of Hatfield House and residents of this area are entitled to apply for a pass that allows free access to Hatfield Park throughout the year.
The shops of Welwyn Garden City are a short drive away and both Old Hatfield and Hatfield town centre are within walking distance.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Hatfield railway station can be reached on foot in approximately 10 minutes and trains run direct to London King’s Cross (approximately 19 minutes) and London Moorgate (30 minutes).
Pleasant Rise, Hatfield
The Modern House, 020 3795 5920, www.themodernhouse.com