Property Spotlight: A character-packed 1960s home in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully preserved three-bedroom house sits on Pleasant Rise, a quiet residential street forming part of the Ryde estate, Hatfield.
The popular 1960s development also features the renowned Grade II-listed Cockaigne houses.
This particular house was designed by Peter Dunham of the firm Dunham, Widdup and Harrison, who were appointed by the Hatfield Development Corporation to prepare the layout for the Ryde estate and design the second phase of houses on Pleasant Rise in 1963.
Original mid-century features have been preserved and sensitively modernised in areas, including low-level radiators, exposed brickwork and parquet flooring in the entrance hall and reception rooms.
Accommodation is arranged over two storeys and includes three bedrooms, a reception room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/playroom, large family bathroom, washroom and extended garage.
You may also want to watch:
The house is close to the historic site of Hatfield House and residents of this area are entitled to apply for a pass that allows free access to Hatfield Park throughout the year.
The shops of Welwyn Garden City are a short drive away and both Old Hatfield and Hatfield town centre are within walking distance.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Dirty Dancing and The Greatest Showman among St Albans open-air cinema screenings
- 3 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Author explores city's hidden history
- 6 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 9 Olympic hopeful Raissa Vickery benefits from 948 Sports Foundation help
- 10 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
Hatfield railway station can be reached on foot in approximately 10 minutes and trains run direct to London King’s Cross (approximately 19 minutes) and London Moorgate (30 minutes).
Pleasant Rise, Hatfield
The Modern House, 020 3795 5920, www.themodernhouse.com