Property Spotlight: A character-packed 1960s home in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully preserved three-bedroom house sits on Pleasant Rise, a quiet residential street forming part of the Ryde estate, Hatfield.
The popular 1960s development also features the renowned Grade II-listed Cockaigne houses.
This particular house was designed by Peter Dunham of the firm Dunham, Widdup and Harrison, who were appointed by the Hatfield Development Corporation to prepare the layout for the Ryde estate and design the second phase of houses on Pleasant Rise in 1963.
Original mid-century features have been preserved and sensitively modernised in areas, including low-level radiators, exposed brickwork and parquet flooring in the entrance hall and reception rooms.
Accommodation is arranged over two storeys and includes three bedrooms, a reception room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/playroom, large family bathroom, washroom and extended garage.
You may also want to watch:
The house is close to the historic site of Hatfield House and residents of this area are entitled to apply for a pass that allows free access to Hatfield Park throughout the year.
The shops of Welwyn Garden City are a short drive away and both Old Hatfield and Hatfield town centre are within walking distance.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 5 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 8 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 9 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
Hatfield railway station can be reached on foot in approximately 10 minutes and trains run direct to London King’s Cross (approximately 19 minutes) and London Moorgate (30 minutes).
Pleasant Rise, Hatfield
The Modern House, 020 3795 5920, www.themodernhouse.com