Property Spotlight: A character-packed 1960s home in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
This beautifully preserved three-bedroom house sits on Pleasant Rise, a quiet residential street forming part of the Ryde estate, Hatfield.
The popular 1960s development also features the renowned Grade II-listed Cockaigne houses.
This particular house was designed by Peter Dunham of the firm Dunham, Widdup and Harrison, who were appointed by the Hatfield Development Corporation to prepare the layout for the Ryde estate and design the second phase of houses on Pleasant Rise in 1963.
Original mid-century features have been preserved and sensitively modernised in areas, including low-level radiators, exposed brickwork and parquet flooring in the entrance hall and reception rooms.
Accommodation is arranged over two storeys and includes three bedrooms, a reception room, kitchen/breakfast room, dining room/playroom, large family bathroom, washroom and extended garage.
You may also want to watch:
The house is close to the historic site of Hatfield House and residents of this area are entitled to apply for a pass that allows free access to Hatfield Park throughout the year.
The shops of Welwyn Garden City are a short drive away and both Old Hatfield and Hatfield town centre are within walking distance.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Hatfield railway station can be reached on foot in approximately 10 minutes and trains run direct to London King’s Cross (approximately 19 minutes) and London Moorgate (30 minutes).
Pleasant Rise, Hatfield
The Modern House, 020 3795 5920, www.themodernhouse.com