Property Spotlight: A character home in an idyllic village setting
- Credit: Archant
Located in an enviable position in the heart of the pretty village of Essendon, this historic Grade II listed detached family home boasts a wealth of character from several periods.
It offers surprisingly practical accommodation, including three reception rooms, five bedrooms and four bathrooms.
Externally, the property directly adjoinins rolling countryside.
The A1(M), M25 and A10 are all within six miles, while Potters Bar (about five miles away) has connections to Finsbury Park in about 10 minutes and King’s Cross or Moorgate in about 17 minutes.
There is also a good selection of schools in the district, including Essendon village primary school, Heath Mount, Lochinver House, Stormont, Queenswood and Dame Alice Owen’s.
West End Lane, Essendon
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 8 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 9 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 10 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
Steven Oates | 01992 303300 | www.stevenoates.com