Property Spotlight: A beautiful period home in the heart of St Albans’ Cathedral Quarter
- Credit: Archant
This smart, mid-terrace two-bedroom property is located on a sought-after residential street close to the centre of St Albans.
The property offers a traditional layout, with a sitting room, dining room and kitchen to the ground floor.
The sitting room, to the front, is a pleasant and comfortable room, with exposed timber floorboards, clean, neutral décor and recessed LED lighting.
The kitchen, to the rear, features attractive cream units to wall and base level, solid block wood worktops, a Belfast sink and an integrated gas hob and oven as well as a full sized dishwasher.
The basement has been tanked and a concrete screed floor laid so provides useful storage space.
Upstairs there are two double bedrooms, both of which are pleasantly presented, with original fireplaces and exposed floorboards. There is also a family bathroom with a separate walk-in shower unit.
To the rear of the house there is a splendid south-facing garden, with a slate shingle seating area and plenty of plant life in the form of established shrubs, mature trees and flowerbeds.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 7 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
There are two local pubs on the property’s doorstep, with the shops of the city centre less than a quarter of a mile away.
Lower Dagnall Street, St Albans
Guide price £750,000
Strutt & Parker, 01727 840285, www.struttandparker.com