Property Spotlight: A beautiful home on one of St Albans’ most desirable roads
- Credit: Archant
This excellent family home has been the subject of considerable enlargement to create spacious and flexible accommodation over four floors.
An impressive reception hall provides access to all the main living accommodation, including a sitting room, an orangery, a bespoke kitchen/breakfast room and a home office and snug.
Upstairs there are five generous bedrooms; the master has an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, while there are two further en-suite shower rooms, a stylish family bathroom, a playroom and a store.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to a lower hall which leads to two large open plan rooms. These have been built out but remain incomplete so can be specified as required; as further living space or bedroom accommodation, a home gym, cinema room, secondary accommodation or home office, or indeed any combination. There are two large openings to the rear, bringing natural light to the entire floor and direct access to the garden.
To the front is a carriage driveway while to the rear there is a landscaped garden, a terrace leads to a large lawn beyond which there is second lawn, with formal planting and a water feature.
You may also want to watch:
The summer house is an impressive feature of the garden, constructed of hardwood with a lead pagoda-style roof.
The property is set in a popular location within easy reach of the mainline station, the city centre and excellent state and public schools.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 4 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 5 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 6 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
Clarence Road, St Albans
Guide price £2.75m
Strutt & Parker | 01727 840285 | www.struttandparker.com