Property Spotlight: A beautiful home on one of St Albans’ most desirable roads
- Credit: Archant
This excellent family home has been the subject of considerable enlargement to create spacious and flexible accommodation over four floors.
An impressive reception hall provides access to all the main living accommodation, including a sitting room, an orangery, a bespoke kitchen/breakfast room and a home office and snug.
Upstairs there are five generous bedrooms; the master has an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, while there are two further en-suite shower rooms, a stylish family bathroom, a playroom and a store.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to a lower hall which leads to two large open plan rooms. These have been built out but remain incomplete so can be specified as required; as further living space or bedroom accommodation, a home gym, cinema room, secondary accommodation or home office, or indeed any combination. There are two large openings to the rear, bringing natural light to the entire floor and direct access to the garden.
To the front is a carriage driveway while to the rear there is a landscaped garden, a terrace leads to a large lawn beyond which there is second lawn, with formal planting and a water feature.
The summer house is an impressive feature of the garden, constructed of hardwood with a lead pagoda-style roof.
The property is set in a popular location within easy reach of the mainline station, the city centre and excellent state and public schools.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 3 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 4 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 8 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Clarence Road, St Albans
Guide price £2.75m
Strutt & Parker | 01727 840285 | www.struttandparker.com