Property Spotlight: A beautiful home on one of St Albans’ most desirable roads
- Credit: Archant
This excellent family home has been the subject of considerable enlargement to create spacious and flexible accommodation over four floors.
An impressive reception hall provides access to all the main living accommodation, including a sitting room, an orangery, a bespoke kitchen/breakfast room and a home office and snug.
Upstairs there are five generous bedrooms; the master has an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, while there are two further en-suite shower rooms, a stylish family bathroom, a playroom and a store.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to a lower hall which leads to two large open plan rooms. These have been built out but remain incomplete so can be specified as required; as further living space or bedroom accommodation, a home gym, cinema room, secondary accommodation or home office, or indeed any combination. There are two large openings to the rear, bringing natural light to the entire floor and direct access to the garden.
To the front is a carriage driveway while to the rear there is a landscaped garden, a terrace leads to a large lawn beyond which there is second lawn, with formal planting and a water feature.
You may also want to watch:
The summer house is an impressive feature of the garden, constructed of hardwood with a lead pagoda-style roof.
The property is set in a popular location within easy reach of the mainline station, the city centre and excellent state and public schools.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 3 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 6 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
Clarence Road, St Albans
Guide price £2.75m
Strutt & Parker | 01727 840285 | www.struttandparker.com