Property Spotlight: A beautiful home on one of St Albans’ most desirable roads
- Credit: Archant
This excellent family home has been the subject of considerable enlargement to create spacious and flexible accommodation over four floors.
An impressive reception hall provides access to all the main living accommodation, including a sitting room, an orangery, a bespoke kitchen/breakfast room and a home office and snug.
Upstairs there are five generous bedrooms; the master has an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, while there are two further en-suite shower rooms, a stylish family bathroom, a playroom and a store.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to a lower hall which leads to two large open plan rooms. These have been built out but remain incomplete so can be specified as required; as further living space or bedroom accommodation, a home gym, cinema room, secondary accommodation or home office, or indeed any combination. There are two large openings to the rear, bringing natural light to the entire floor and direct access to the garden.
To the front is a carriage driveway while to the rear there is a landscaped garden, a terrace leads to a large lawn beyond which there is second lawn, with formal planting and a water feature.
You may also want to watch:
The summer house is an impressive feature of the garden, constructed of hardwood with a lead pagoda-style roof.
The property is set in a popular location within easy reach of the mainline station, the city centre and excellent state and public schools.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 7 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 10 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
Clarence Road, St Albans
Guide price £2.75m
Strutt & Parker | 01727 840285 | www.struttandparker.com