Property Spotlight: A 16th century cottage just four miles from St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nestled behind a screen of mature trees and shrubs, a five-bar wooden gate and large private driveway, is this charming Grade II listed 16th century cottage.
The property offers a wealth of character with exposed beams and open fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises an entrance porch, living room with wood burning stove, dining room with doors to a sun-terrace, kitchen, utility room, three bedrooms and a family bathroom.
There is also a separate outbuilding/office space, which offers the ability to work from home in a peaceful setting and could also be used as a self-contained annexe (STPP).
Forge Cottage is located on Wilkins Green Lane four miles from St Albans’ historic city centre.
You may also want to watch:
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a period property with a wealth of history, set within wonderful mature grounds (approximately 0.2 acres) and surrounded by open countryside.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
Forge Cottage, Wilkins Green, Smallford
Guide price £1m
Frost’s | 01727 852295 | www.frosts.co.uk