Property Spotlight: A 16th century cottage just four miles from St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nestled behind a screen of mature trees and shrubs, a five-bar wooden gate and large private driveway, is this charming Grade II listed 16th century cottage.
The property offers a wealth of character with exposed beams and open fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises an entrance porch, living room with wood burning stove, dining room with doors to a sun-terrace, kitchen, utility room, three bedrooms and a family bathroom.
There is also a separate outbuilding/office space, which offers the ability to work from home in a peaceful setting and could also be used as a self-contained annexe (STPP).
Forge Cottage is located on Wilkins Green Lane four miles from St Albans’ historic city centre.
You may also want to watch:
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a period property with a wealth of history, set within wonderful mature grounds (approximately 0.2 acres) and surrounded by open countryside.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 5 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 8 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 9 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Forge Cottage, Wilkins Green, Smallford
Guide price £1m
Frost’s | 01727 852295 | www.frosts.co.uk