Property Spotlight: A 16th century cottage just four miles from St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nestled behind a screen of mature trees and shrubs, a five-bar wooden gate and large private driveway, is this charming Grade II listed 16th century cottage.
The property offers a wealth of character with exposed beams and open fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises an entrance porch, living room with wood burning stove, dining room with doors to a sun-terrace, kitchen, utility room, three bedrooms and a family bathroom.
There is also a separate outbuilding/office space, which offers the ability to work from home in a peaceful setting and could also be used as a self-contained annexe (STPP).
Forge Cottage is located on Wilkins Green Lane four miles from St Albans’ historic city centre.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a period property with a wealth of history, set within wonderful mature grounds (approximately 0.2 acres) and surrounded by open countryside.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 4 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
Forge Cottage, Wilkins Green, Smallford
Guide price £1m
Frost’s | 01727 852295 | www.frosts.co.uk