Property Spotlight: A 16th century cottage just four miles from St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Nestled behind a screen of mature trees and shrubs, a five-bar wooden gate and large private driveway, is this charming Grade II listed 16th century cottage.
The property offers a wealth of character with exposed beams and open fireplaces.
The accommodation briefly comprises an entrance porch, living room with wood burning stove, dining room with doors to a sun-terrace, kitchen, utility room, three bedrooms and a family bathroom.
There is also a separate outbuilding/office space, which offers the ability to work from home in a peaceful setting and could also be used as a self-contained annexe (STPP).
Forge Cottage is located on Wilkins Green Lane four miles from St Albans’ historic city centre.
You may also want to watch:
This is a rare opportunity to purchase a period property with a wealth of history, set within wonderful mature grounds (approximately 0.2 acres) and surrounded by open countryside.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
Forge Cottage, Wilkins Green, Smallford
Guide price £1m
Frost’s | 01727 852295 | www.frosts.co.uk